Show your cage IV

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Sure Char-X I can make them into one photo and post it on your FB page.

LightningPig1

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Old cage:

New cage!:

I recently added a kitchen but I don't have a picture yet.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Nice looking cage. I love the print fabric!

piggiebube

Post   » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:23 am

Nice cages, I want a C&C cage for my two little ladies, a lot of ideas here, thank you.

SDPigs

Post   » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:36 am

Here's my 2 sows' (3 months and 4 months old) 4x2 cage:

So the empty 2x1 area on the left will be the new addition. As you can see, they already have a 2x1 hay loft, the fleece forest, a bunk bed, and a ledge. They also have hideys and tunnels and various fleece things that are rotated in and out.

What would you add in that empty space? I could use some help with ideas for that space.

Pennypigs
Supporter in '16

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:55 pm

This is our guinea pig condo my husband just built for me!

lissie

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Wow! I love it!
I must copy the cage legs!

Pennypigs
Supporter in '16

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:19 pm

He made it so the trays come apart from the legs (it's attached with 4 bolts for each tray).

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Those are very nice, Pennypigs. Your husband did a lovely job.

The cute pigs look so happy!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:39 pm

I love it. How big is it?

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:49 pm

They look like they're 5x2s. Very cool design.

farcticox

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Is it me or do those sides look a bit low ? just saying.
Still a great design though. I am going to be building one soon and am going to have 16" sides all round and a top.

Pennypigs
Supporter in '16

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:57 pm

We wanted to be able to get in and out of the cage easy. The plexiglass on the front is 6 inches, our pigs are older and fat LOL.. there's not much chance of them jumping out.

It's 77" x 29" , just a touch bigger than a 5 x 2 :) They all have piggy huts, (when the picture was taken, they were in
the washer)

I love how easy it is to keep clean!

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:23 pm

I posted this in my chronicle, but I know this place is filled with people waiting for cage inspiration, so I'll share my cage ... yet again. :)

I was recently inspired to have herds, two herds. One for boys, and one for girls! It went pretty well, if you ask me. I have 6 boys, but two of them are skinnies *and* 6 months old, so that was not a good combo for my burly men. The 4 fully furred boys live in this 4x4.

Next to them we have my favorite form of entertainment, 10 girls and 1 neutered boy in a 4x6.

Finally we have the teenage naked boys in a 2x5, separate from the others.

I really love this setup, I can literally sit on my couch for hours watching them. It really is great, and I feel so much closer to them.

By the way, nice cages everyone!!

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Pennypigs, that is the nicest cage I've seen.
I love how polished it looks!

My newest design (stacked 3by5's and 2by4's)
I love how it opens up a room and is easy to reach the piggies.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2019

Post   » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:17 am

Nice cages everyone! I've just got a plain 2x4. GPG, are those 1/2 grids in your last picture, and if so, did you make them yourself?

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:46 am

GuineaPigGoddess - are those little shelves the ones sold for shoes? I was getting ready to give several to Goodwill since I reorganized my daughter's closet and didn't need them anymore. It never dawned on me to use them for the piggies. But I bet they would love them. I just have to figure out whether they'd be willing to sacrifice their pigloos for them since there won't be room for everything.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Yes they are commonly known as shoe shelves, ours we bought as bathroom shelving though. :P They work great, I don't really like many things sold for pigs in average stores, these offer security but are still light enough and its very easy to capture pics.

Catie, yep! For the skinnier, inner squares, I used a wire cutter. That part was easy. For the thicker wire around, a saw and lots of effort got the job done.

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Anyone have new cage updates recently? :)

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Pennypigs, I think your cage is great! I have open fronts on my cages, probably 5 inches of coro, and they work great. No one jumps ship!

379 posts