Show your cage IV

xanima

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:51 am

I´m glad you like it. The piggies definitley do;)

No, I didn´t build it myself. I planned it but I let someone else build it.

kitttkate

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Upgrade for the boys. 2 pigs in this cage =] Can anyone suggest what else I can put in there?

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Simple cardboard boxes with holes cut into the sides work wonders, as do untreated wicker baskets. Put pillows and blankets in the bottom for piggy hidies and beds. They are safe to shred and chew, also.

lisam

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Very nice. I love your rug! Reminds me of my childhood in the sixties!

jacqueline

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:02 am

Molly - I love the lights on your cage. I just ordered some tiny lights for our cages as well. It makes them look festive and special I think.

Lissie, I so loved your cages that I was inspired to set up something similar. I actually found a workbench kit on line which included the corner brackets and measured instructions. All you had to do was buy the wood and have it cut to the specs. It took my son all of 2 hours to put together with nothing but a drill. It holds 2 2x5 c&c cages. I love it and it really doesn't feel too big or intrusive. I'll post some pictures later.

So, thanks for the inspiration Lissie, though my inside decor doesn't come close to yours yet! I do think your hayrack/water bottle holder is amazing!

goosey1019

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 pm

My husband and I recently moved to a move conveniently located apartment, which has a lot less closets and extra space than our old place. Long story short, I made the piggies a raised cage so that we could store all their stuff underneath. Here it is!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Lovely cage, goosey! I can not believe there is no hay on the carpet!

goosey1019

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Haha, it's because they'd only been in there for about five minutes. ;)

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:45 pm

3 level wood and grid cages.
Each level is 2'x4' (24" x 48") and are 8 sq ft per cage.

The top of the cage is 6' high.

It currently houses a neutered male and female pair and two lone males (one on top and one on the bottom)

jacqueline

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:57 am

Nice set up. How hard is it to clean?

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Its really easy because the front drops down. Its only 2 feet wide so I can easily reach. The top I just stand on a chair. Being 5' 1" tall has only a minor disadvantage. ;)

godelevesque

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Where did you guys all find these awesome cages? Also, I see many of you use fleeces, do you find that the pigs chew on it? I want to make an awesome piggy cage for my girls!

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:49 pm

We build them. Basic instructions and lists of materials can be found on www.guineapigcages.com

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:24 pm

That's the girls (early) Christmas present. They're getting handmade beds and cosy sacks once I pick up the materials tomorrow, but they don't mind having nothing to open on Christmas day as they love their new cage.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Wow, looks great!

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:36 pm

What a great looking cage. I love the red coro. It's starting to sound like I have an obsession with this, but how do you get in to clean the bottom cage?

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:52 pm

The 5 panels at the front come out, a 2 grid section at each side, then the middle grid. The top level sags when the middle grid is removed so I tend to clean round it using the openings at either side.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:16 pm

I love the red too!!

MaraC

Post   » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 pm

I found this topic!
I can't believe, I thought it was lost forever :)) !

I got 2 cages, each 170 cm x 60 cm (approx. 67 inches x 24 inches) = 1 sq metter (approx. 10.5 sq feet)
They are made of polycarbonate (or correx, coroplast, it has many names). In each cage live 2 male pigs.

First cage- "upstairs" - Chocco and Zorro

Second cage - "downstairs" - Corb and Quizi

* NOTE: These photos are old, I change the arrangement of the accesories weekly.

The pigs have their own room, and I want to change their cages, I still think they are so small...

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Looks like a roomy cage! I would be a little worried about their jumping out though.

379 posts