Penny´s secret admirer

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:09 pm

On other posts we have talked about how our friends etc feel about our pigs. Many of us have mentioned husbands and boyfriends. Well, I have to tell this short story.

We left last Friday to go about 5 hours away for 5 days. I had posted earlier in the week that Penny had lost about an ounce which was odd for her. Anyway, on Thursday evening I weighed her and she had lost another ounce. Friday morning I got up and put her on the scale... the same. Still 2 ounces down. So, while packing, trying to keep the kids out of the way, cleaning the pig cage, and locking windows etc, I had a HUGE knot in my stomach about leaving Penny. Just not sure what to do. I called Teresa and tossed about the idea of taking Penny to her. We decided that she was probably ok and I left a detailed note for my dad (he was feeding the pigs) on what to look for and all of Teresa´s numbers. I had put Penny on towels while I was packing to make sure she was peeing and pooing right. We were just about to leave and I was a mess... not sure what to do. My husband came in and said, "I made a spot in the car for Penny if you would like to bring her with us!" WOW!! What a wonderful man! We discussed it and I decided that since Teresa was near and the vet was here, it would be best to leave her. Another great man... my dad! He weighed her EVERY DAY and CALLED me to give a report! He fed them, cleaned the cage and held them!

We got home today and Penny is just great! She is still an ounce down but I think that is just normal for her now. I just had to share these "manly" tales with all of you because I think lots of people "secretly" love our pigs and love that we love the pigs!!

Kara

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:57 am

If it were only true for all our men ....

Sunny

Post   » Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:24 am

Great story Kara!

I know my men love the pigs, they just don´t love them like I do and can´t quite understand my boderline obsession with them.

Becky

Post   » Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:05 am

We have four cats and they definately come first with my husband around here. He even turns on the porch light at night if they´re in the back yard! He also loves the piggy girls, but isn´t around them as much as I am. When our first pig had to be rushed to the vets in the middle of the night, he was even more upset than me! Yeah...a few good men, as the ad says.

Seansfamily

Post   » Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:10 am

Great story...great guys (both dad and husband)...and great news that Penny seems okay!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1