I´m new here.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:44 pm

Hmmmm. I was afraid this is what you meant....

aSAHMof3Rs

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:19 am

**warning. I´m about to blow my top because I keep trying to post this and it keeps saying to check my data because of an input error. If you see bits of stuff on your monitor- it means my head exploded out of frustration. Just a warning... this better work this time... I´ll try splitting up my post. maybe I´ve put it on overload LOL**

Well this thread is enlightening. First on the fact that maybe I should lay off the smiley faces and LOL but I´m not exactly sure how I´m going to manage that. I´ve become accustomed to doing that quite a bit -for exactly the reason someone mentioned on this thread... typed words can be misunderstood. So my LOL´s are to make SURE everyone knows I´m not being totally serious or laughing at my own words (LOL=laughing out loud for me).

Also I started posting on cavymadness. I´m not exactly sure why. I think it was because I was looking for info on guinea pigs and came across cavycages and somehow found my way to that board... and from that board to caviesgalore (a link to the shopping list of veggies for guinea pigs) and from that board somehow found this one. Don´t ask me how- couldn´t tell you if you jabbed toothpicks under my fingernails or my life depended on it. LOL (oops...). But in any case my signature line shows up there (since it´s an ezboard and I have the same signature line wherever I post on ezboard) and I´m wondering if it´s one that has annoyed others before. It´s big, bright but doesn´t blink.... atleast not unless you blink your eyes really fast while looking at it. hehe

(the rest of my post will be posted seperately since apparently I´m giving this board a hernia with the size of my post... or something?)

aSAHMof3Rs

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:21 am

**oh for crying out loud- just click the link because I think it´s the picture that i´m trying to load ON MY WEBSITE-.. not by using the attachment on this board- that is making my post not able to post.. darn input error page is getting on my nerves**

Here it is... aren´t you glad I don´t have a signature line here?

http://users.htcomp.net/momof3/186593/PrayNation.jpg

But hey, atleast it has a meaning. :)

Ps. I like all the boards I have found so far. They each have their own feel to it. If I had to define what each ones "feel" to ME was- cavymadness would be where it seems many newbie questions are asked so it helped me immensely to find that one first (after just getting Isabelle, my first guinea pig ever, a few weeks ago). Links to many other sites are shown there also in answering questions so that helped me instead of having to do searches on my own... sometimes questions were asked that I never would have even though of to ask myself. Caviesgalore is much the same as far as info goes and at first was a place for me to go when I was caught up (ie: read all of the threads) on cavymadness- also seems to have more night owls that post there so I don´t always feel alone there. Plus I have to say it also seems to have more pics shown of the piggies ad I quite enjoy seeing them.

Then I recently found this board and I must admit that it was the first time I literally laughed out loud at the first few threads I read here. I don´t know if it´s because some threads answer the question at hand and then delve off into other topics and that fits my brain patterns or what (probably). Or maybe it´s just because some people here have a cynical or wry sense of humor and I enjoy that- not sure. But I am learning stuff on this site too while also having a good laugh here and there. Every place has a special place in my heart already (all three sites).

Now everyone join in with me- awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Last edited by aSAHMof3Rs on Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:30 am

I try to keep this more of a text based forum. I don´t allow signatures with photos. Trying to get around this might result in someone getting in deep trouble. Hate animated smilies too. In fact, I´m feeling pretty cranky this morning and would probably put anyone posting extraneous pics in jail.

By the way, I don´t want to seem too hard hearted (though I am), but you might want to reread the membership agreement.

http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/thread.php?threadid=83&boardid=10&styleid=1

You will find:

Please be courteous and considerate in your public posts and use good internet etiquette when posting. Members who misuse the forums may be removed or have their posting privileges temporarily suspended. This includes, but is not limited to avoiding the following:
  • Flooding the board with new posts, starting multiple topics inappropriately
  • Writing posts in all caps (considered "shouting")
  • Starting a new topic vs. replying to a thread where appropriate (keep all relevant posts in the original thread -- multiple threads on the same topic confuse members).
  • Trolling (check Teresa Murphy´s tips on using boards)
I notice your profile lists: Posts: 40 (34.24 per day)

As an old and cranky person, I have a hard time keeping up with the posts when someone posts on tons of threads. You can ask Pinta and Evangeline. They will tell you how cranky I can get.

I do think it takes a while for people to get the hang of where a board is at. I know the soft hearted people who post here will call me cruel, but I can take it.

--------------------------------------------

Perhaps I should think about changing my current nick and removing the "Benevolent" from Benevolent Dictator.
Last edited by Lynx on Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:51 am

Lynx-
What crawled up your butt this morning?

aSAHMof3Rs-
Don´t worry. Our Lynx is on a power trip and she needs the world to know she´s the supreme autority. We usually just ignore her.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:37 am

Yes, I admit. it does look bad. Woke up with a headache this morning -- not a very good excuse, but I still have it. I suppose we oughta give aSAHMof3Rs a break. Here she goes and compliments us on our lovely sense of humor. Well, there´s always a dark side to some of us.

Now I´ll go off and have a stiff drink.

bats

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:57 am

There´s nothing worse than a cheery person when you have a headache, right Lynx? That´s why lions kill gazelles. The damn gazelles are too happy. (I saw this on Animal Planet)
Last edited by bats on Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

pigpal

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:25 pm

Lynxie-poo, are you absolutely sure you have those definitions straight? Benevolent?......... maybe malevolent would be more appropriate?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:06 pm

Maybe I have to change my signature depending on how I feel for the day. But I did change it to NotsoBenevelent just in case.

I suppose this is all another reason to consider psychoanalysis. And I still have that horrid headache.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:00 pm

Go back to bed, Lynx. A dear old lamb like yourself needs her rest when her brain is trying to explode.

bats

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:01 pm

Lynx -- you could alway change your avatar to suit the mood.
How about an evil, soulless one like this?
It´s Sugar, but don´t let her name fool you.
She was a giant, bossy pig.

<hugs and kisses>
Last edited by bats on Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:08 pm

YIKES!
That is a scary picture, Bob...is that little piggin a demon?

bats

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:28 pm

Alas, poor Shug has gone over the rainbow bridge, but she was indeed a cavy of great carriage. She was a 4-pounder with big black lips who would attack you if your reached into her house too quickly. We gave her to my sister-in-law, who was a good person to bite.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:35 pm

None to fond of your bro&acute;s choice of a wife, Bob? ;)

Sunny

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:49 pm

4-pounder!??? That&acute;s a huge pig! What were you feeding the tub?

bats

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:49 pm

Actually it was my ex-lover&acute;s sister. When we broke up, she got the guinea pig that bites and he got the bird I taught to curse.

bats

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:52 pm

Hi, Sunny. It wasn&acute;t my fault: she came that way. We got her fully grown from the SPCA. She licked my fingers when first I picked her up, so I thought she&acute;d be nice. I didn&acute;t know she was trolling for blood.

bats

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:03 pm

This was the monster about to attack.
Note her relative size to my shoe (size 10).
Also note Ginger&acute;s expression as she chattered her teeth.
I still have scars on my hand from that encounter.

When Animals Attack. Film at Eleven.

bats

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:04 pm

And don&acute;t anyone scold me for not trimming her nails.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 3:14 pm

My mother has a cat whose nails I refuse to clip. I value my arms and legs and pretty much the rest of me too much.

Had a pig like that, too....

146 posts