Is this normal?

TheVic
I gave in memory of Trotsky

Post   » Thu May 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Ah well - my Dad refers to it as a 'baptism' of sorts the first time a new pig pees on you. It's a rite of passage at any rate.

Bethy

Post   » Fri May 27, 2011 3:10 pm

New Problem with Beatrice she is defiantly my drama queen she doesn't like her nails cut. I held her like your supposed to and she bit me a good one on the thumb she isn't to keen when it comes to nail cutting/ear cleaning/ bath time. I have human nail clippers I bough guinea pig ones but they are horrible to use. Any suggestions on how to make nail clipping time easy on us both?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri May 27, 2011 3:26 pm

It's easier if there are two people -- one to hold the pig and the carrot and the other to clip. If I don't have a helper, I put the pig on the couch and back it into a corner (pad behind it with pillows if necessary), give it the carrot, and trim one foot at a time. I like cat nail clippers better than any other kind I've tried.

TheVic
I gave in memory of Trotsky

Post   » Fri May 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Two people definitely helps - the hold from this page (https://www.guinealynx.info/nails.html) only works for the back legs for me - sometimes I also wrap them in a towel if I don't have anyone on hand to assist with the front feet.