Litter?

Brady

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Anyone in the midwest have brands that they like to use and where they get them? I'm having troubles finding them.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm also interested in using wood pellets in one of the kitchen areas. I'd like to know what brand is preferred.

Brady

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Found some at fleet farm today. The brand is called Marth.

In with the horse bedding and such.

Feylin

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:43 pm

In Ohio, I would call around to the home improvement stores and just ask. Find out if they have stashed them up on top of the shelves. Be super polite. They will have to get their forklift out and lower the pallet down for you!

I could always find one store that had them, even in August. You just have to be polite, persistent, and willing to maybe drive 10 more miles to get them.

Mrs Spurtle

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm just wondering what you do with the used wood pellets after you've cleaned the guinea cage? TIA

Brady

Post   » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:39 am

Leonard will not set foot in the pellets. He doesnt like the noise they make on the coroplast.

Any advice on how to soften them, or lessen the noise?

WICharlie

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:31 pm

I use the Marth brand as well. You could sprinkle a thin layer of aspen shavings on top of the pellets. Once they get a little wet they will break down and now roll around as much.

calicavylover

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Would these work?

Brady

Post   » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:58 pm

What I did is I found a bag of wood stove pellets and contacted the company (in this case, Marth) to see what was in them.

They told me the bag I picked out was NOT safe for animals, but they did make a brand that was designed for them. I asked who they sold it to and luckily I was already at the store that had them.

If anything, call that company calicavylover and they can tell you whats in them and if it is safe.

WeaversSister

Post   » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Hey everyone,

I just talked to Marsha yesterday and she uses EQUINE PINE, EQUINE FRESH or another name. It comes from the grain store not the hardware store :)

lissa77

Post   » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:16 am

Woodstove pellets cost is high these days.