Sooty and Smudge fly to Seattle

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:08 pm

I love stories with happy endings. Welcome to the U.S. - all 3 of you!

Feylin

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:22 pm

I"m glad it all turned out so well, even if they did let the pigs go to the Capybaras without permission!

ilumiari

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:21 pm

I went to Mud Bay and bought a larger water bottle for them. They must still have been somewhat thirsty because they both had a really good long drink when I fastened it to the cage. So just because they are used to drinking from a bottle doesn't mean that they were happy drinking from a bottle with a smaller tip.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Sorry they hated the little bottle so much! :( It is a pretty weird size for adult pigs. I wish we had had another larger one to spare. I hope that with the veggies we had given them they weren't too thirsty. Poor guys!

I hope you were able to get the other supplies you needed at MudBay. If we can think of anywhere else to look for grids, we'll let you know. Maybe a hardware store like Home Depot might have them in the home section?

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Wow! Just catching up on GL and saw this. Capybara, you and your husband really are angels and lifesavers! This is definitely a happy ending, and can you imagine where we would all be without GL?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:31 pm

This might sound very odd, but our local grocery store, Fry's Marketplace (owned by Kroger), sells the right-sized grids in their home organization section.

Are there any Kroger stores in Washington state?

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Hey Tracis, that's a good suggestion! We have a grocery store chain out here, QFC, that is a Kroger affiliated store. I believe Fred Meyer is, too. We've never looked for grids there, but maybe either of those stores would have them?

Thanks, JudiL! It didn't cost us anything other than a little time that we were happy to spend. Mr. Capybara and I really appreciate the GL community and we were happy to help.
Last edited by capybara on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:14 pm

So happy they arrived safely and that you are all together now! Cool that a GL member could help!!

ilumiari

Post   » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:35 pm

I was at a QFC today but didn't think to look. I tried to pick up a car today but they didn't have anything there that I was comfortable driving, I'll try again tomorrow (I was told they were expecting a number of returns today). Conveniently there is a Fred Meyer walking distance from the car hire place, so I can take a look for grids even if I still have no luck finding a suitable car.

angiemthomas

Post   » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:05 am

I miss Fred Meyer!
I just moved down to San Francisco, from Portland Oregon. I am missing Portland really bad. San Fran is not all that I thought it would be.
I just do not know if i can handle the rain/ice/snow/gray/wind/cold of Portland ever again.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:59 am

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... 773&RN=303&

$6 shipping, $18 expedited shipping.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:19 am

Check the home storage section at Fred Meyer. I've gotten all my grids at Freddy's up here in Fairbanks, and they are the right size (not larger than 1.5 inch grid spaces.) Should come in white or black, for about $25 a set.

Welcome to the states, and to Washington! Wish I'd checked this thread earlier. I used to live in Gig Harbor, across the Narrows Bridge. I flew myself and my nearly 3 year old sows from Seattle to Fairbanks in August, 2008, and felt somewhat sick the entire way. It was only about 4 hours in the cargo hold (Alaska Airlines does not allow guinea pigs in the cabin), but I could not find a way to provide water, so I was scared (my girls would never take fresh veggies.) Happy ending: they made it through the journey better than I did.

I am so glad your moving nightmare had a happy ending, also.