Sooty and Smudge fly to Seattle

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:04 pm

Good luck, you are all in my thoughts for smooth sailing.

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:51 am

Bad news- my flight out of Perth was delayed by mechanical difficulties, and I missed my connection in Sydney. Qantas rebooked me onto the next available flight, about 20 hours later. I am wait listed for a LA->Seattle flight. Best case scenario I arrive 24 hours after I was meant to. The pigs are currently on their way to LA. I don't know what to do, they don't have enough hay/pellets for another 24 hours...

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:15 am

call the company and convey to them how serious a situation this is.

Were you meant to pick them up in LA?

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:17 am

Is there a GL memeber in LA that could take some hay and pellets to the airport after they arrive?

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 am

It's outside their office hours but I called the emergency number. The rep said that these things happen, and they'll hold onto them in Seattle until I arrive. And charge qantas through the nose for it. Qantas dealt with the situation awfully in my opinion, we discovered the connecting flight took off over 30 mins after we were told they couldn't hold it for us (about 20 people).

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:14 am

BUt they need food. How are they going to get food?

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 am

They will send someone out for some hay, they were already ready with vegetables

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:42 am

I think they need to give you priority because of the pigs. Anyone in Seattle that can check on them when they arrive?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:57 am

I'm so sorry for this complication! I hope they are okay and you get there quickly.

lisam

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:31 am

When are they getting here?

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:24 pm

I have the confirmation that they've arrived safely in LA. They are due to arrive in Seattle at about 8pm. I don't have any more information about my flights, but as soon as I get to LAX I'll try to buy myself onto the next available flight.

The 20 or so Perth people stuck in Sydney overnight are very put out by qantas at the moment. We found out that the flight we missed left over 30 minutes after we were told they wouldn't wait. One girl Im with is travelling to her grandmothers funeral, but even she was just bluntly told that nothing could be done. We are also VERY interested to know about how they booked us all onto a seemingly sold out flight tomorrow. And they won't even pay for our medicinal alcohol at the airport hotel!

angiemthomas

Post   » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Ugh i would be a nervous wreck!! At least you will be with them within a few hours, right?