Jealous Piggies?

ErinP

Post   » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:34 am

Well, I'm impatient, so we went ahead and tried it. I've had different advice back and forth to go ahead and do the bath and to wait, so we decided it best to go ahead and try it. Peanut needed relief and I had a feeling it would work, or at least help. Peanut did fine. He got a little cold, but I snugged him up in a blanket and held him for a while to keep him warm. The blow dryer didn't work. We kept it as warm as we possibly could in the house without sweating our brains out too and kept the a/c off for a good long while. Peanut snuggled up and almost fell asleep in my arms which was the first time he'd done that! It was cute!

Last night, they were much much much quieter. Bullwinkle rumbled a couple of times, but they were shorter bursts of rumbles that only lasted a second and there was absolutely no chasing going on that I heard.

We're going to start Peanut on a round of Baytril to see if we can help him the rest of the way through this thing. I'm supposed to pick it up this afternoon.

So, it seems as though the bath was a success so far, but we'll see what happens again tonight. As a side note, they're totally snuggley soft now (softer than before) (and I found guinea pig shampoo) and I got some adorable photos of them during bath time!

Thank you all for your help and advice/suggestions. I listen and take all if it to heart and felt this was the best route for us to go. Hopefully it will continue to have been a good decision!