New Guinea Pig Owner Questions

ReiSixx9

Post   » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:51 pm

So something like this wouldn't work? Sorry for my crappy drawing, I hope it helps you understand what I mean. Couldn't I attach the "divider" grid to the bottom of the cage to add stability?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:37 pm

If I remember right, you also want more than one opening so a guinea pig can't get cornered. So adjustment is needed to make more openings (i.e. not attaching it to the wall so they can run in and out through a space).

Only one of your pictures is showing up. I can't see the other one.

ReiSixx9

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Lynx wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:37 pm
If I remember right, you also want more than one opening so a guinea pig can't get cornered. So adjustment is needed to make more openings (i.e. not attaching it to the wall so they can run in and out through a space).

Only one of your pictures is showing up. I can't see the other one.
I was thinking maybe because the one opening is so big that they wouldn't be able to block eachother. Also I only posted one picture. Sorry if it looks like two.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:34 pm

There is a tiny "no picture" square above your large picture. It appeared you had posted two pics but only one displayed.

ReiSixx9

Post   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:07 am

Hmm I can't fix it until I get to my desktop computer. Thanks for telling me, I'll fix it later.

Also, what do you think about the opening being big enough to not require two openings?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 am

I looked at what you wrote and fixed it.

The imgur link is not a link to a picture. You used invalid tags. No image tags work for it. However it seems to display (probably due to another built in tag I added).

And no, I do not think the big opening is the same as having another opening to run out of.

ReiSixx9

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:20 am

Thanks!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2017

Post   » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:03 am

Also, what do you think about the opening being big enough to not require two openings?

You could get something as cheap as cardboard boxes and put a hole/opening at each end. Something that looks like a railway tunnel, but dark and cosy inside. And piggies love to rip cardboard. I use to love sitting at the computer listening to Jemma and Jasmine ripping bags or cardboard.

Coco-Pepe Mom

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Check out youtube - I have found great tutorial videos on how to make hideys and beds...IF you like sewing. I am working on a "cozy cube" for each of my two piggies for lap-time and floor-time.

29 posts