Sad - Guinea Pig passed away

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:31 pm

I am so broken hearted that my remaining original GP Froderick (aka Frodie) past away today. He was an Abyssinian and just turned 7 this month. I gave him kisses last night, he ate breakfast this morning and three hours later I found him passed away. I noticed while walking by because he was in the spot my other boy usually sleeps in the upper level and thought it odd.

I know he lived a long life and had not been showing any signs of illness (yes I know they hide it). Yes he had lost some weight in the past year and was sleeping more and harder like older pigs tend to do. I was still just very shocked at the suddenness of this but atleast he was around everyone who loved him.

He was the one always looking thru the grids for attention or treats, loudly getting water, or letting me know it was dinnertime promptly at 6pm or if I was running behind on breakfast. The house seems so quite right now even though Hershey(other GP) is here and our lab-Candi.

I will forever miss and love you Frodie and you will hold a special place in Mommies heart always!! Be happy over the Rainbow Bridge and give kisses to Sprinkles and Tango for me.

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Lovemypigs wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:31 pm
I am so broken hearted that my remaining original GP Froderick (aka Frodie) past away today. (One on the right on id pic) He was an Abyssinian and just turned 7 this month. I gave him kisses last night, he ate breakfast this morning and three hours later I found him passed away. I noticed while walking by because he was in the spot my other boy usually sleeps in the upper level and thought it odd.

I know he lived a long life and had not been showing any signs of illness (yes I know they hide it). Yes he had lost some weight in the past year and was sleeping more and harder like older pigs tend to do. I was still just very shocked at the suddenness of this but atleast he was around everyone who loved him.

He was the one always looking thru the grids for attention or treats, loudly getting water, or letting me know it was dinnertime promptly at 6pm or if I was running behind on breakfast. The house seems so quite right now even though Hershey(other GP) is here and our lab-Candi.

I will forever miss and love you Frodie and you will hold a special place in Mommies heart always!! Be happy over the Rainbow Bridge and give kisses to Sprinkles and Tango for me.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:07 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I so wish our pets lived longer,healthy lives. He sounds like he was a very special guinea pig.

GrannyJu1
Armcavy

Post   » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:12 am

I'm very sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, little one. You are loved and missed.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:47 pm

I'm so sorry. It's always so hard to lose a pig.

Sleep well, little one.

windycityfan7

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:02 am

I'm sorry for your loss, I can only imagine what you must be going through.

Rest well Frodie.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2017

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:08 am

I am so sorry for your lost of Frodie. RIP little man! Reunited with Sprinkles and Tango. Run and popcorn free and eat the freshest green grass and have fun playing in paradise. Watch over your human mummy and little Hershey and Candi. In time your memories of Frodi will bring smiles which will wipe your tears away.Sending big hugs.

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Thank you to everyone's kind wishes. Daisymay....you really have a way with words and made me feel better...Thank You.

Things are so quiet without my Frodie. I never realized just how much I used to talk to him. I am keeping an eye on Hershey to see if I need to get him a new buddy. He is such a mellow boy that it's really hard to tell. He is 6 so I wasn't sure if I wanted to start a cycle of adding a GP now or waiting and starting all over later.

Still missing my baby......

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:23 am

I'm sorry.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1