petting

locharma

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:14 pm

hey
is there a specfic spot where gp like to be pet and where do they hate to be pet?

JX4

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:56 pm

it depends on the pig. Mine love to be scratched on their back near their bum, but there are others here that say their pigs hate that.

I always go with the direction of the fur, especially on my smooth haired pigs. Some of mine like being stroked under the chin. Just experiment. If they don't like it, they'll let you know. My Squeaky doesn't like to be scratched for very long. When she's had enough, she'll kick me with her hind leg.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:20 am

I am a piggie kisser, just can't help myself. Most pigs like their ear being kissed, but I had 2 pigs who put their paw in my face after about 5 kisses, lol.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:04 pm

I don't think mine particularly like being touched, but they'll tolerate me rubbing the top of their head between their ears. I've never had a pig that particularly seemed excited about interactions with me that didn't involve food.

Catt of the Garage

Post   » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:56 am

One of my pigs makes a sound like a drawn out rumble if I scratch his tummy, but I'm at a loss whether this means he likes it or hates it.

I find they all seem to like to be stroked from head to bum, although if I put my hand too far forward over their heads, they push it up out of the way.

Both of mine like being brushed, so I do that, even though the one with short hair doesn't need it.