I don’t think this normal ?

GuinessOllie

Post   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Today my little girl neighbor wanted to have a play date with my piggie with her piggie . So I did . It went really well no aggression . They cuddled and sniffed each other’s butts . My boar is intacted . My little girl neighbor and her family think her piggie is a male . I think it’s a female . My boar was not aggressive at all . He was friendly towards the other pig . He didn’t try to dominate the boar or sow or go after it . My neighbors piggie was extremely exicted and cuddle up with my pig .

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:03 pm

What do you mean, your boar is "intacted?" Has he been neutered, or not?

If not, don't put them together for play dates AT ALL unless you know the other pig is a male. A boar can impregnate a sow within seconds, and you couldn't stop it if you tried. You can turn them both over and compare their private parts -- if they're male and female, they'll look obviously different.

Also, guinea pigs are wired to establish dominance over other pigs, and it's very stressful to put them together and then separate them again.

GuinessOllie

Post   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:30 pm

No he’s not fixed . If my neighbors piggie is male they played so well together . I will have to sex my neighbors piggie if she would let me . They were happy popcoring . I was watching them like a hawk . They weren’t on top of each other which is good .

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Still, if the other pig is a female and is in heat when you put them together, she can get pregnant in seconds. You could sneeze and miss it. And depending on her age, neither she nor the pups may survive the pregnancy.

Guinea pigs don't really play together like other pets do, and it's better not to put them together and then separate them again. However, if they're single pigs, they'd both be happier with a permanent cage mate.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:57 pm

You were already told about the risks of pregnancy when you wanted to get a girlfriend for your pig, and now you knowingly put someone else's pig at risk?
(You stated you think your friend's pig is female and still you let them be put together)

Shame on you.

GuinessOllie

Post   » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:52 pm

No when she had to go inside for something I asked my little girl neighbor if I could snuggle her pig beofe I had to put my pig back inside . That’s when I looked at her pig while I was rubbing it’s tummy I could see it was a female because I didnt see a ball sack . Her pig is a jumbo size piggy which I think called Cuy

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:58 pm

So what, exactly, is the question? ("I don't think this is normal-?"). From your previous posts, you obviously think it's okay to breed guinea pigs, so it's doubtful that you'll listen to advice here when we tell you that you should NOT let your male "play" with your friend's female pig. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if you intend to keep putting them together so that they WILL mate.

You're supposedly an adult. Start acting like one and be more responsible with your pets.