gadget gizmo cowbell cello 3 URI

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:56 am

Ditto WICharlie.

portera4242

Post   » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:08 am

I was afraid of putting them on adult oxbow because they're babies that was the intent on mixing the fiesta in.

Gadget and Gizmo were taken off antibiotics. Gizmo seems fine Gadget has had one little rasp they want to see her if I hear it again.

Cello and Cowbell were moved to a new antibiotic.

All four girls will have a follow up after regardless to make sure that we are completely clear

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am

They can eat te adult Oxbow just fine, with a little parsley thrown in. Fiesta is crap food.

portera4242

Post   » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:30 pm

We made the switch. Everyone but Gizmo is eating fine.

Cello and Cowbell are half way done with the second antibiotic.

Gizmo and I are currently in the emergency vet she stopped eating at noon and has been extremely lethargic is bloated and hasn't gone potty the last hour and a half.

They are going to do an xray and run tests and keep her for treatment.

I'm so scared we are going to lose her.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:39 pm

portera4242

Post   » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:22 am

Gizmo passed in her sleep peacefully we are absolutely heartbroken.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:27 pm

Oh, I am so sorry, portera4242. You have all our sympathy. Losing a beloved guinea pig is so hard.

portera4242

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:13 am

The vets were able to make her comfortable which is the most important thing.She just couldn't fight anymore and im glad she wasn't in pain.

They said her abdomen was filled with fluid and there was actually little bloating.

Cello Cowbell and Gadget all still have a wheeze with their squeak.

Taking them in today waiting for petco to give the go ahead for all 3 to go to emergency hospital vs vets because we've done 20 days of antibiotics for 2 and 10 for the other.

At first I thought oh gee the girls gained like 80 grams in a week and a half of course the first one didn't work the dose wasn't strong enough, but now I'm thinking it's not a good sign 2 antibiotics and not better.

Does anyone know what causes fluid in the abdomen?

Is 20 days of antibiotics normal for a uri and to still be sick?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:27 am

They may have a bacteria that is not being well-treated by those particular antibiotics. Not rereading, but have you tried nebulizing an antibiotic like gentomycin?

I am unsure what causes fluid in the abdomen. Sounds like a question for your vet.
Can you tell me what antibiotics they were on?

portera4242

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:46 am

They all 3 were on Enrofloxacin and now Cello and Cowbell I believe are on trimelth sulf liquid I think I will have to reread the bottle when I get home.

portera4242

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:53 am

I work 2 jobs so my morning routine after getting up is:

snuggle piggles
first job
home snuggle piggles meds
second job
home on my hour lunch break to snuggle piggles
work
home to snuggle piggles
dinner
snuggle piggles
piggle meds
snuggle piggles

We've had the girls for 36 days but they've been sick for more than 20 of them so I just don't know what normal even is for them anymore

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:08 am

Fluid in the abdomen can be caused by liver failure, a tumor, a leak in the stomach or intestines.

It's definitely possible to be sick after 20 days of antibiotics. Not all antibiotics are effective against all organisms, and unless they cultured a sample to know which organism is causing the problem, they're just guessing which medicine may be effective.