gadget gizmo cowbell cello 3 URI

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:50 am

I'm very sorry you lost her.

Are the others still on antibiotics? If so, this is the protocol I'd follow:

Weigh them daily, preferably in the morning before breakfast. If they seem ill, weigh twice daily.

If they're losing weight, or aren't eating normally, force-feed Critical Care. They won't like it, but feeding is the most important thing you can do when they're ill.

If you can get poop from a healthy guinea pig, make some poop soup twice a day. If you can't get it, get some Bene-Bac, or plain human acidophilus or kyodophilus. Give 60-90 minutes after every antibiotic administration.

Always give some food with the antibiotic dose.

Have some infant simethicone on hand, and give 1/4 of the infant dose twice a day.

If your vet will give it to you, get a motility drug to give them if they stop eating. It's crucial that food keep moving though the GI tract, or the pig will bloat. That's a full-on medical emergency all on its own.

portera4242

Post   » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:57 am

Cowbell my little runt has been picking at her pellets but scarfing down hay and veggies. She plateaued at 450 grams and hasn't lost or gained anything but is super lanky.

It's so hard to tell the difference between going through growing phase vs sick with baby guinea pigs.

we have a vet appointment for Saturday morning Cello sounds much better but Cowbell does not fingers crossed.

I can't thank everyone enough for the sympathy it's heartbreaking to lose them so little I feel like they've been so lucky to have been spoiled but it's so sad they had such short little lives.

42 posts