Water...

Nuoc Mam

Post   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:32 pm

hi,
i have 2 boars about 6-8 months and it seems they do not drink that much water at all...before i hear or see them drink from the water bottles but now they barely drink anything...the water doesn't even go down half an inch or 1/4 inch on some days...i feed them lettuce, bell pepper, tomatoes, sometimes cucumber...do they get enough water from the veges?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Some guinea pigs don't seem to drink much. Mine did not - I wet down their lettuce and other vegs to increase fluids.

CavyGirl04

Post   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:24 pm

One of my guinea pigs drinks a ton of water, the other one barely drinks any. I think it just varies from pig to pig. I do give them their veggies with water on them to ensure they get enough, and since both seem healthy, I'm not worried.

Nuoc Mam

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:00 am

Thanks!

WICharlie

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:36 am

Just for your peace of mind, you may want to make sure the water bottle is actually working properly. Make sure it's not the kind that has a spring inside the spout that holds the ball to the end. Those are too hard for guinea pigs to use. It should be one that has the ball free. You can tell by shaking it and seeing if the ball rattles up and down. After you hang the bottle, touch the end with your finger and see that water flows out easily.

Nuoc Mam

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Yup, checked the bottles a couple of times if they are working and yes they are dripping as normal. Before I would see them drink once in awhile but now i dont see it anymore or hear it.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1