Problems with very active/dominant piggy

Mike221

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Hello all,

I've already posted about this problem couple of months ago on other forum and was advised to neuter my dominant male.
Lots of things happened since then and I am looking for extra advice or suggestion or anything.

This will be a long post.

I have 2 males both 1.5 years old.
They are together since they were little (Cupko and Misko).
Cupko is crazy active dominant piggy. Misko is shy, friendly and passive.
Cupko always gave him a bit of trouble (mounting,rumbling,etc...).
Problem started couple of months ago when Cupko was mounting Misko and he ejaculated all over his back.
After that he treated him like the best friend for a few days.
And then he felt the "urge" again, so he molested Misko until he ejaculated again.
So now he wants to do it every couple of days.
It looks like he did it once, it felt good, and now he wants to do it all the time.
And that ejaculate is impossible to clean. Misko always ends up with a wound on his back and missing lots of fur.

In the meantime, how all that was happening, Cupko got sick.
He stopped eating and was force feed for a week. He was diagnosed with bladder stone.
Just before his surgery, vets took another x-ray and stone was gone. It either dispersed or he pissed it out.
So they flushed his bladder and he was sent home.

Anyways, he was in hospital for a couple of days, twice put to sleep, under anesthesia, and it cost us lots of $.
He lost some weight and he is still slowly getting back to his normal weight.
Said all that, we just don't want him under anesthesia again and going to surgery again.
We can't even afford it right now.

Cupko recovered and he was back to being himself.
But we couldn't allow for Misko to suffer and being raped again and again.

They used to live in 5x2 C&C cage.
I expanded the cage to 8x2 with lots of places to hide, run, whatever.
That made it even worse for some reason.
Cupko started making high pitched noise every night, when Misko would be hidding and he couldn't mount him.

We bought him bunch of toys that look similar to guinea pigs, thinking maybe he will transfer his affections to that.
NOPE. He doesn't care about those.

So we separated them.
Cupko in 5x2 cage and Misko in 3x2 cage.
Cages are next to each other, but they don't see each other, because if they do Cupko goes insane.
Problem is he goes insane anyways. Now he is trying to jump out of his cage all the time.
Couple of days ago, he jumped on his hidey house and almost got out of his cage.
He would fell on the floor and die. We got really scared.
We completely re-arranged his cage.
Now when he is not sleeping or eating, he is trying to climb/jump directly out of the cage.
This morning, he was completely horizontal trying to get out and fell on his back.
He will brake his back or injure himself.
And he is not purring anymore when we pet him, not pop corning.
We had a real connection with him. And he was like the happiest piggy. Always pop corning and looking for our attention.
Misko on the other hand, seems to be doing alright alone. He purrs and pop corns around.
For the last couple of days, we let them be together during the floor time.
They act normal for the first half hour, and then Cupko goes for his sex routine.

We do not know what to do anymore.
Cupko is so so active piggy. And stubborn, stubborn, stubborn.

Please any advice or suggestions...was anybody in the same or similar situation?
This might seem like a strange question, but is there a way to help him ease himself(ejaculate) ?!
Because when he does it, he is the best mate for 4-5 days up to a week.

Thanks

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:48 pm

If you've got two males together, they're going to mount, and they're going to ejaculate. It's normal, and you should just leave the "boar glue" where it is instead of trying to clean it off. The pig will get it off of himself.

Cupko is NOT stubborn for doing this -- what he's doing is perfectly normal and natural, and you're the one with the unreal expectations. You should just learn to live with it unless Misko is being harassed to the point that he's losing weight. In that case, separate them permanently.

You might try putting a stuffed animal in the cage, but make sure it doesn't have any buttons on it, or any threads that can ravel. It may help, it may not.

Mike221

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:28 pm

At the beginning we tried to get it off, not anymore.
Problem is that Cupko does it more and more often, so Misko's back is full of "boar glue" then.
And it takes a month to fall off by itself, and it always leave a bloody wound on the skin, because Misko is trying to bite it off.
Misko now has couple of large bold spots on his back, where the boar glue was.
If Cupko continues doing it, Misko will not have any fur left at all.

We are not concerned about Cupko doing it, but biggest concern is he always does it on Misko's back.
Stuffed animal did not help :(
I even tried placing him on the stuffed toy, so maybe he learns,but no...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:24 pm

I wonder if there is some safe product you could put on the hair on his back that would make it less likely the glue would stick.

Oh, another idea (if you put them together for a while). For chickens and roosters, sometimes a mounting rooster really hurts the female. Some owners may put an apron of sorts on the back. I wonder (if the room is not too hot) if you could try a sock withe holes cut out for the feet and head. Or something that just covers the back with loops around the legs to hold it in place??

Mike221

Post   » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:51 pm

I was doing lots of research on what product to use to soften up boar glue, but with no luck.
We tried mineral oil, warm water with soap,...
Misko always ends up with bold spot and a wound.

But I like the idea of a sock or something similar on his back.
We will try with that.
Then once Cupko eases himself, we will take it off for couple of days.
Maybe it will work.

Thanks

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:53 pm

I think boar glue was what they used to glue the heat tiles on the space shuttle... That stuff is indestructible.