Is our cage big enough

xtina0926

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Hello,
my family and I are first-time guinea pig owners. We have three girls and one neutered boy and they all live in the same cage together. Their cage was built by us and we have expanded it time and time again. The total length currently is a little over 9 ft with the width at about a little over 3 ft. They currently reside in my "formal" dining room and are taking up half the room. If more space is needed we will happily expand but I just need opinions. This sounds really corny, but I love those little guys and want to give them the best life they could possibly have. So to get to the point is more room needed or should they be good.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 pm

It sounds like you are doing a great job with your guinea pigs. A space that large sounds plenty big. Some people have enough space in their homes that they are even able to give them a room or let them wander from one room to the next (rare). Of course, the fact that they can't be litter trained can make this more difficult.

For what it's worth, you might want to look over www.guinealynx.info/my-pigs.html
Years ago I gave them a room. They kind of went from one corner that was set up for them to another corner. I had the doorway blocked off so they couldn't escape.

xtina0926

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:38 pm

I've never thought of giving them a room, that may just be our next piggy project.
Thank you for the reply!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 pm

You've given them an amazing amount of room. They'll be fine with that.