How Do You Know When Pigs Bond

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:26 pm

I never thought of it like people in prison, but yes.
Exactly right, and rather amusing.
I doubt we scared away any young´uns, though Bob. They feed on conversations like this.

bats

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:35 pm

Then we are helping raise a generation of miscreants just like us, Dobby.
I hope they like martinis. :-)

Kim Brooks

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:49 pm

Just thought I´d weigh in on this. In dogs, (inappropriate) mounting behavior is dominance behavior. I bred Norwegian elkhounds and my Alpha bitch often mounted her much larger male offspring. I promoted her top dog status (fed her first, leashed her first for walks, let her in the house, etc.) because she was by far the best trained and most well behaved in the pack.
I surmise that guinea pigs share this characteristic of pack or community status- oriented and sex-linked behavior.

bats

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:53 pm

Thank you for dragging us out of the mud and back on the topic, Kim. You´re going to be a breath of fresh air around here. Keep it up!

Kim Brooks

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:57 pm

Oh I can see how this could get to be a habit. Today is beautiful, the garden is calling and here I am typing away.

Kim Brooks

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:58 pm

I want a cute name like yours. How do I change my name?

bats

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:04 pm

Cute? CUUUTE? Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggg.....

Kim Brooks

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:08 pm

Sorry- I would now like to be known as boogie (as in let´s make like a nose and...). Tell me that isn´t cute!

bats

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:18 pm

I didn´t see any way to do this in the Profiles. You may need to re-join as a different user... or you can ask Lynx if she is able to change for you. Lynx owns the board. You can find her at lynxletter@hotmail.com... or in Merriam Webster under:

Despot: a: a ruler with absolute power and authority; b: a person exercising power tyrannically
Last edited by bats on Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:58 pm

Yup. That´s me. You´re new so I can change your name. It would be confusing if there had been alot of posts. Another alternative is to stick a title under your name. If people email me a reasonable request, I can stick it in. You´ll see my title (which changes occasionally) under my name.

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2002 2:17 pm

I bred Norwegian elkhounds and my Alpha bitch often mounted her much larger male offspring.

OUR Alpha bitch posts under the name of Pinta.

gpperson
Carpe Cavies

Post   » Mon Apr 29, 2002 6:00 pm

bats- still here reading quietly(LOL). I asked so as not to seperate babies that are being adopted. The two moms are always together but I don´t get the feeling they are best of friends. More like they are just both in the same space. Seven pairs of eyes at night is fun but what a lot of bedding!!!!!!!!! Soon my three piggies will have their own play area too. Love the custom job!

32 posts