Baby boars fighting

piggypals

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:43 pm

It is beaphar we have and I've read to apply 2nd dose 7-10 days after 1st. I'm doubtful they will clear as guinea pigs still scratching at moment and a week tomorrow since 1st dose. The Xeno has arrived in post but as previous advice post and on box, my piggys too small not sure if I should chance it even Xeno may underdose. Has anyone had any success getting rid of mites with beaphar only?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:01 pm

How much do your guinea pigs weigh again? Do you have an accurate scale?

piggypals

Post   » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:19 am

We haven't weighed them but they are still quite small compared to some of the massive ones I've seen! Sorry to be so vague. Will go to vet as a last resort buy trying to avoid that at moment.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:50 am

You really need a scale. It is such a valuable tool for keeping track of your guinea pig's weight. Read over www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html
Weigh once a week at least, more if you suspect illness.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 am

You can get a digital scale like this at Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozeri-Ultra- ... e/37531667

or:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zenith-Digit ... g/33354964

Both are less than $20.

piggypals

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Thanks for the link we haven't bought scales yet but do intent to although they are both growing rapidly. We took them to the vets for injections and mite problem solved.
We now have a piggy with something white and frothy grown out of it's side (like insect eggs) whatever next! We are worried about this now ☹

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:49 pm

Yikes. Sounds like you need to see a vet asap. At least, clean it well and look to see what is going on.

piggypals

Post   » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:27 am

The white stuff not there today the fur looks bit damp, think it's maybe a cyst or a wound from Choco jumping on chewys back with the claws. Oh the stress

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:21 am

Do at least clean it off thoroughly and examine it so you know what you are dealing with. The frothy is very unusual.