Guinea Pig Died, Difficulty coping

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:27 am

I am so sorry for your lost! your piggy knew she was loved and found comfort passing in your arms and hearing your soothing voice! RIP little one and watch over Ray and friend and your piggy slaves! Munch on the green lush grass and popcorn in paradise!

I have had piggies for over 20 years and it never gets easier. Like you I always blame myself or the damn useless vets here who know nothing about piggies. I have made mistakes, damn vets also have made major mistakes causing my piggy/ies to pass. Sometimes I feel NO more piggies as I am fed up with the lack of knowledge vets here have and I HATE my piggies to suffer at their hands!

But then my heart aches for another to love and I give in then later regret it when she becomes ill and has to see the jerks we vets here! So what I am trying to say is DON'T beat yourself up over this! It was an accident-nothing more! Piggy/ies or any animals doesn't think or fear death like we humans do so I believe she felt no pain and fell asleep forever being comforted by you! My piggies are my friends and my family and they mean the world to me like Koro meant to you! Koro will always have a place in your heart and when you are ready get another piggy and love it. It will NOT be the same as your love for Koro but you fill find in your heart a place to love it!

Sending big hugs from us and the girls! Look into the starry night and when you see a bright star think of your piggy smiling down at you! I believe heaven needed another angel and this why your piggy passed.

Give yourself and your piggy time to grieve before getting another one! Maybe take your piggy to a rescue and let piggy choose another friend. Change pen/age around, put their home in a place where there are a lot of people, loads of cuddles and check weight very closely! Again we are sorry for your lost!