is my guinea pig pregnant???

sunny_laina

Post   » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:45 pm

ImageA few days ago i purchased my guinea pig from petco(not being informed on how petco is).. she seemed quite over weight but i thought she might of just had a poor diet with her previous owners.. i adopted her and she’s been really good these past days besides being really skiddish when we try and pick her up.. she’s starting to eat a lot, and i feel like she’s getting even bigger. Last night she would not move and she kept licking her genital area.. i don’t know how old she is and i know it can really harm them if they are over a year and haven’t had a liter yet.. i just can’t figure out if she’s pregnant and i can’t feel for the babies since she’s so skiddish. she has quite a pear shape, i was wondering if anyone would have an idea of what’s going on ???

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:59 pm

It sounds like there is a good chance she is pregnant. I would read up on good care, provide adequate food, and expand your cage. Have a vet lined up in case there are complications.
www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html
www.guinealynx.info/diet.html
www.guinealynx.info/healthycavy.html
www.guinealynx.info/findingavet.html
www.guinealynx.info/labor.html

sunny_laina

Post   » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:15 pm

thank you, i have a vet available for her (:

JX4

Post   » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Make sure it is a vet that is very experienced with guinea pigs. I learned that the hard way.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1