Humans going on vacation

astionit

Post   » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:09 am

Hi again!

I have a little dilemma. I'm going on a 3 day camping trip with my family, so no ones going to be home to take care of my guinea pig.. I'm actually stressing out about this!
I don't trust much people to leave my piggy with, let alone to go into my house and take care of him..
I was wondering if he could go without vegetables for that long? I can make sure he'll have enough water and hay for the trip but not veggies and food..
He tends to try and eat all his food when I put some in his bowl, so I don't know what to do with that.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?
None of my relatives live in town, and the only friend I would trust him with will be gone aswell..

Thanks a lot!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:22 am

How about boarding with your local vet? Sometimes a veterinary technician will be willing to care for a pet in their home. Are there any guinea pig rescues nearby?

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Quite a while ago I had a pig sitting exchange/arrangement with someone who also had a pig and we would bring the pig(s) to one another's home. Do any of your relatives live on your route to/from camping? I think asking the vet techs you like is a good option, too.