UTAH area NEUTER surgeons?

squishiisquid

Post   » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:57 am

I’m having a very hard time finding someone in my state that offers surgery to neuter or spay a guinea pig, and was wondering if anyone could help me out. Does anyone know of an exotic vet hospital that offers neutering or spaying for guinea pigs? I’m looking for someone with a high success rate, who has done the precedure many times before. We are considering rehoming a male for some friends, and would like for him to be able to be housed with our girls, as we wouldn’t want him without a cage mate. I have also considered spaying my females, so that they don’t have the chance of cysts, but I know that is much more invasive and dangerous.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:40 am

The only thing I can suggest is googling "exotic pets utah" (without the quotes) and checking the bios of the vets on the websites that come back. There are several around the state that say they see exotics, but I'd check on the qualifications of the vets.

squishiisquid

Post   » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:46 am

I’m going to call around some more today. Our exotic vet doesn’t have much experience with the procedure, so I’m hoping we have some luck. :(

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 am

I'd check the websites first. Nearly all of the them have staff biographies listed, and you can see whether any of them have any exotic experience at all.

If you're calling, you're just talking to clerical staff who have no idea about vet qualifications.