New Guinea Pig

Jrtall

Post   » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:41 am

Hey,

So I got a new Guinea pig Wednesday (single male rescue) to partner with my other single male. (I've got a pair of males in the same room too). I put him in a cage next door to the other single male for the night (on a large shelf above the pair).

Last night I was reading about how to introduce them and learnt that I should have quarantined him! Oops! He'd already touched my single male but not the pair so I've currently put new pig in the spare bedroom, old single in the living room and the pair are in the kitchen. Is it worth keeping that up for 3 weeks quarantine or have I stuffed it now anyway?

Cheers.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:29 pm

If you got him from a reputable rescue, he may already have been quarantined and you could go ahead and introduce them. I'd call and ask.

Quarantine has already been broken, so if I could afford multiple vet bills in case the new one has an illness or parasites, I'd go ahead and introduce them.

Jrtall

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks. I'm pretty sure the rescue place didn't quarantine him but he has been on his own for at least a week.

I can't really afford multiple vet bills, although I would of course find a way if I had to. Problem is I've got 4 of them! Don't want to have to treat all 4!

He's so pitiful upstairs on his own :(