New family member

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2002 11:14 pm

I got a new guinea pig this afternoon, I went out looking with no intent to buy, ha fat chance on that one. Anyhow, I got a lil red/white abby sow, she´s probably about 7 weeks old b/c she is the same weight as my 7 week olds that were born here. I got her from the same place that I got Lexie so she very well could be pregnant. I can see lice on her, so I dabbed her with advantage. I also gave her a dose of ivermectin. She IS in quarentine, I plan on a 3 week quarentine for her to make sure she´s well! I will get picture on my webste soon, but here is the link http://erin8607.tripod.com

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2002 11:19 pm

I hope she is healthy and happy. Since you have more guinea pigs, I imagine she will eventually have company. I hope she enjoys living with you and all your cavies.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2002 11:48 pm

other than the obvious lice, there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with her. No hair loss, but I want to be safe with the others here too and treat her for mites. I hope she isn´t pregnant like Lexie was, but if she is, they will have a home so I am not worried about being overrun with cavies, just the birth complications. Lexie had me going crazy worried for nearly a month. She will be living with my other 4 when she´s got the ok from quarentine, so she will have plenty of buddies! I have about 6 more pics on my roll so I should get the pictures on the site tomorrow afternoonish!

aSAHMof3Rs

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 12:04 am

Aww, can´t wait to see the pics! What did you decide to name her?

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 12:17 am

I decided on Charlene after my grandmom. I will call her charla for short (pronounced Sharla) I just finished my roll, took some more pics of the 2x6 cage a ibuilt also. I will get em developed tomorrow and post a bunch on CG and my website!

imanut4u

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:50 pm

Well crud! Congrats on your new family member.

Just bummed because I got an email from someone closer to you last night -- I was waiting for more info before I posted.

Okay, so they´re not exactly in your back yard, but a lot closer than I am. These pigs are about 20 minutes from the Toledo airport so if you hear of anyone looking for a boar or sow (neither have been bred) let me know!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:42 pm

no, not that close to me, lol. Although in a couple months I may start looking for another, but I think I want to look for a himi to show... I dunno yet, gotta wait till lil Charla is all well and introduced to the otehr girls before I even start looking again...

The pictures are posted on my site, along with a new pic of thier expanded c&c cage!

rap4th

Post   » Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:46 am

Erin,
Congrats on the piggie!!
Can´t wait to see some pictures!!

rap4th

Post   » Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:26 am

Just saw a couple of pictures of your new piggie...very cute!!