Found something weird in Cisco's bottom.

M1dn1ght

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:33 pm

Thank you, Sef. The vet told me these things can just happen spontaneously with the best of diets. I’m still waiting to hear back from her on how he’s doing. She’s given him some drugs to help with the gas and some to help with the pain.

All I can do now is wait.

M1dn1ght

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 pm

He’s gone. They couldn’t get his body temp up and he crossed the rainbow bridge at the vets office.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:40 pm

Oh, I am so sorry! Bloat can be difficult to get under control. You have all our sympathy. I know he will be missed.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:35 pm

I'm so sorry you lost him.

M1dn1ght

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:03 pm

I am heartbroken.

But the vet was there with him so he didn’t go alone. She had asked to keep him overnight and said that she actually expected to come to the office in the morning and he would be gone. He didn’t die alone in a strange place. I’m grateful for that.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:41 pm

So sorry to hear about Cisco. Losing little ones is tough, but you are not alone. We are all with you.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:28 pm

I am so sorry, M1dn1ght. As Lynx said, bloat can be extremely difficult to resolve. I have lost several guinea pigs to it over the years, and know how devastating it can be.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:26 pm

My sympathy, M1dn1ght, I’m so sorry about Cisco. You did everything you could and got the best help available. Take care of yourself.