Love that Epi Soothe

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:56 pm

I just bathed my bunch in Epi Soothe yesterday. Their fur seems extra smooth and shiny today. I bought it for my dry skinned PEW, but if it is good for everyone, I'll use it during the winter. Does anyone know if somewhat frequent baths with Epi Soothe will help cure dry skin? My PEW has very dry skin, and I am working on a solution from several angles.

Tammy

Post   » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:02 pm

I use Humilac spray from valley vets for my my texels. They get dry skin too.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:07 pm

What's Humilac? I'll check Valley Vets in a bit, but wondered what it was. Do you every use Epi Soothe?

Tammy

Post   » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:26 pm

It's a spray for dry skin and help with brittle hair. I mainly use it as a spray on conditioner to help with the tangles. Helps stop itching too. I don't know why but during winter my woolly pigs have really bad hair!

I haven't tried Epi Smoothe yet. Does it do a good job of softening matted hair? I use a bunny shampoo for them and they seem to not mind it at all.

SuzisZoo

Post   » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:30 pm

Where do you buy the Epi Smoothe? Sounds like good stuff.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm

I use it and swear by it. It's wonderful. I bought it at a vet clinic, but I don't know if it's available anywhere else. Epi-Soothe is great for pigs recovering from ringworm, pigs with dry skin, pigs recovering from mites, or just plain old stinky pigs that need baths.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:07 pm

I got mine at the vet.

anavihs

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:38 am

Hey guys,

Did you have a particular Epi-Soothe that you use? I'm looking on Amazon and I'm finding lots of different versions. I have an American with really dry skin but no mites (he's been treated). I saw the Cream Rinse, the Shampoo and then Allerderm Epi-Soothe Oatmeal Cream Rinse and Conditioner. I'm not 100% sure what to use. Which one are you guys using that works?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Old thread, but this is what I've used in the past: