Older sow losing weight

Sparkles N Daisy

Post   » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:45 pm

If it can wait, I can come over Wed after work and help you!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:50 pm

Thanks S&D, but Wednesday is our UCLA day and we get back late.

I'll figure it out!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:24 pm

The photographer is home from school:

This is Goldie's tooth, which was previously removed:

And this is Frosting's peg tooth:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:25 pm

Cool pics. I'm going to throw all these pics on the site, if that's okay with you.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:28 pm

No problem.

pinta

Post   » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:14 am

Dr. Legendre says if some cellular matter is left when a tooth is extracted there is a good chance it will regrow. If all the cellul;ar matter is removed, it won't regrow.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:18 am

Dr. Lyons saw Goldie and did the last xray. He could see that the tooth would keep regrowing but break off.

So far this weird tooth doesn't seem to bother her - I hope it stays that way.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:32 am

Pics updated. Thanks!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:20 pm

I sent Goldie's heart xray to Dr. R. and he says it shows definite enlargement. In recent years Goldie has become a very sound sleeper, sometimes being hard to wake; her weight has also dropped slightly, although she regained some of the weight she lost with the tooth incident.

She's starting lotensin.

Her tooth did grow back - a nasty brown/black looking walrus tusk that curled outwards. I clipped it back and am hopeful it will fall out again!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:07 pm

Update on Goldie:

She did start to regain the weight, but then went back to a gradual decline in weight. The tooth regrew, and I had it totally filed down a few weeks ago. She continued, though, to lose weight.

Today I took her in and had the tooth removed once again. However, I'm sure all the material wasn't removed, because the vet was concerned about anesthesia after 36 minutes and ended the surgery (Goldie is 5).

She's been doing very well on lotensin and is active. She's certainly interested in food, but in recent weeks I've been putting a dish of CC and canned pumpkin in for her, which she eats with gusto. She has had trouble with pellets.

Her molars seemed ok, although they were slightly trimmed, as were the other incisors.

I guess I'll be syringe feeding her for the next few days, because tonight she couldn't manage her veggies - much to her disgust. She's very groggy, though, so maybe she'll find more energy to eat tomorrow.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:24 am

Poor Goldie. It's heck getting old. I hope she stays happy.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:25 am

Snack on Goldie - you know you wanna!