*This Little Piggie Marketplace*

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:58 am

pigherder,
Amazon.com is no longer allowing Ivermectin to be listed on their site, due to some FDA issues. I discussed this at length with both Amazon and with KV Vet, and was not able to work out a solution with either one.

I am now selling Ivermectin directly via a third party seller -- Revival Animal Health. Revival has excellent customer service and very reasonable shipping. You can order Ivermectin from TLPM here.

Thanks for asking!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:29 pm

At the risk of seeming morbid, I wanted to ask some opinions on this. I was thinking about our recent loss of Sidney, and how I wish I had had the presence of mind to ask about cremation. It happened so suddenly, I just didn't think. We ended up burying Sid in the backyard next to Winston. In the future, though, I'd like to have the others cremated.

I started looking at urns, just to see what is available for smaller animals. This one is really unique:

It's also available in pink. Product information here.

My question is, would it be too insensitive to include this on TLPM?

Pooka and Pixie

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:56 pm

I think it's a great idea. Not insensitive at all- death is part of pet ownership, and it'd be nice to know where to get an urn.

Sorry about Sidney.

Tammy

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:03 pm

I agree it's not insensitive at all.

lisam

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:49 pm

I think it's a great idea, and it's a very nice urn. I've never had a pig cremated before--just how much ashes are there? Would it fit into the 3" urn?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:46 pm

I'm going to contact the company and ask them about the sizes. The chart didn't make much sense to me, but I think the 3" urn is supposed to be large enough for animals up to 5 lbs-? I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Does anyone here know what cremation of a smaller pet costs?

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:18 pm

I want to say it cost us about $100 to cremate Graham but I could be way off. We had a necropsy too and that cost was in the total we paid, but I can't remember offhand which cost was which. And of course private cremation costs more than a general or public (I guess that's the right word) cremation.

My vet offered a couple choices of boxes for the ashes. The box was included in the price of the cremation.

Sunny

Post   » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:13 am

My vet charges $200 for cremation.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:35 pm

I need some opinions. I'm getting ready to start offering the Cavy Kit again, and have been getting all of my supplies restocked. Would you rather have a .5cc needled syringe (for use with Ivermectin -- the needle is not removable) or a 1cc syringe with a needle that is removable? I can't get a .5cc syringe with a removable needle.

Personally, I find the .5cc syringe to be easier for dosing the small amount of Ivermectin...you just have to be careful not to poke the guinea pig with the needle when you put the drops behind the ears. But I can continue with the 1cc w/ removable needle if you guys think it's a better choice.

I plan to include 1 needled syringe and 3 un-needled syringes for handfeeding.

Thanks.

rshevin

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:39 pm

Personally, I'd be afraid to try and apply the ivermectin with a needed syringe. I'm just flat out chicken.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:42 pm

I agree with rshevin.

lisam

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:14 pm

I'm too clumsy to use a needled syringe.

And I'm excited you are going to offer it again. I like to recommend it to my adopters.