Which AB for emaciated pig?

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:57 pm

Humphrey is a little stronger, I think. He is starting to fight me more during the handfeeding.

I'm a little concerned about his eye. When they brought him over, both eyes were weeping and his nose was crusty so I assumed a URI and put him on Baytril. The family brought a Terramycin ointment that the vet gave them for the eyes so I was also using that.

His left eye has cleared up well but the right seems to be doing worse. It is still weeping quite a bit and making crusties, and he has started to lose the hair above it. The skin on the top eyelid is pink and swollen.

Should I try a different ointment? Stop the ointment all together? Any suggestions?

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:08 pm

Is the terramycin the same as triple ab ointment?

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:19 pm

No, I don't think so. It is an antibiotic though. I usually use bnp for the eyes but don't have a lot of it left.

I'm seeing Dr. R in the a.m. (poor Billy Bob has a UTI again and I'm out of Bactrim) and I'll ask him about it, but I can't transport Humphrey with a healthy pig.

tried but I can't get a good pic of the eye.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:22 pm

When wooly had a bad URI and her eyes were like you explain, the triple ab ointment cleared it right up.

What time is your appt? I can drop the cc off at your house, then drive one of the pigs to LBAH. It would be on the way back to my house. Let me know.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:24 pm

It's 9:30 a.m., but I can just pick up more CC at LBAH. I don't want to take Humphrey back so soon, and just for a swollen eye. He has an appointment for Thursday a.m. to get his teeth done (if he is strong enough).

You just want an excuse to see Dr. R.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:26 pm

I'd better get my panties ready in case you change your mind.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:29 pm

I'm going to ask him about that. I'll say, "Holly is making you a present and she wants to know if you prefer leopard or zebra print." Can't wait to see his face ha ha ha.

You have tough competition though, Holly. I think this girl is more his type:

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:31 pm

The photos on their computers are hilarious. Have you see the one of the dress up dinner? There is a floozy sitting on Dr. R's lap....hilarious!

BTW, you've got your own personal stash of his pictures? And you think I'M the stalking type? oh please...

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:36 pm

Look at the URL, ding dong. It's from his website.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:43 pm

I know! Gosh, you have to ruin all the fun!

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:45 pm

What are you doing on GL anyway? I thought you had plans.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:47 pm

I do. Not until 4 now. Everything got ruined anyway. I emailed you.