ashiefunk

Post   » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:45 pm

CALIFORNIA

Fresno/Clovis

The Animal Hospital and Bird Clinic
5169 N. Blackstone Ave.
Fresno, CA 93720
(559)227-5575

She's been around a long time and she treated my guys very, very well. For first time pig owners I suggest you go here. She'll show you how to clean ears, clip nails, check teeth. She's expensive but worth it. She does through checks and offers drop off/pick up service.

gomez

Post   » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:15 pm

Missouri
Kansas City Area

Noella Allan
Lakewood Animal Health Center
5001 NE Lakewood Way
Lee's Summit, MO 64064

She only works on Tuesdays as of this posting, but she is by far the best we've used (about 8). I highly recommend her as a regular vet as she doesn't put the pigs under for checkups, blood, or x-rays. Surgery is great, and gives pigs good bacteria while on antibiotics, something none of the other vets have ever done. The pigs seem to like her and don't fear her like some of the others we have used. I could go on and on ... but if your looking for a regular vet in the KC area I think this should be your first choice .

--------------------------------------------------------

below is a list a vets we have tried and would recommend in order. Notes if any below name.

Brock Exline
Hecker Animal Clinic
7240 Wornall
Kansas City, MO 64114

Dr Cannon (sorry don't remember the first name)
Small Animal Hospital
4314 Main
Kansas City, Mo 64114

Belton Animal Clinic
1308 N. Scott
Belton, MO 64012
(highly recommended by others --- however my experience is sub-par. I've lost pigs, a rabbit, and a snake under conditions i would call suspicious. I personally think they are too quick to use anesthesia where unnecessary. Others swear by them as one of the best in KC so are on the list.)

Joannt
Wheekness for Pigs

Post   » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:03 pm

OREGON - Beaverton/Portland

Southwest Animal Hospital
6139 SW Murray Boulevard
Beaverton, OR 97008-4421

Sahara_beara mentioned that these folks don't have X-ray capability. Yes, they do. I have no idea how long ago you might have been there or what the story was at the time but when I took my piggie in just recently, she was X-rayed on site and her bladder stone diagnosed as a result.

Glad to know about the other vet on the other side of town, though.

mlzbb

Post   » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:42 am

Orange, California
Orange Olive Veterinary Hospital

Name: Dr Pannier
Address: On Olive Street near Shaffer park
City: Orage
Phone Number: (714)998-1510

Personal Experience: I've been going to Doc Pannier since I was 12 & I had my bunny. I wouldn't go to anyone else. She's the best. There are two vets there, But I highly reccomand Doc. Pannier.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:35 am

MINNESOTA

Burnsville

Dr. Kevin Thorsgaard
Valley View Pet Hospital
13600 County Road 11
Burnsville, MN 55337
(952) 432-9661
http://www.valleyviewvet.com/
info@valleyviewvet.com

All three main vets are WONDERFUL with small/exotic animals. This place has a special interest in exotics, I wish I'd found them sooner. Dr. Kevin only had to take one look at AJ (RIP) and listen to the sounds he was making to know that the problem was a UTI. He did a test to be completely sure. He was wonderful with my guinea pig, very gentle and soothing. He kept AJ calm throughout the entire exam. I was very impressed. I didn't even need the list of Dangerous Medications that I'd brought with me...they had a copy on file! =)

Highly recommended!

momof911kids
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:18 pm

"NEW YORK - MANHATTAN (UPPER WEST SIDE)

Dr. Anthony Pilny
Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine

http://www.avianandexoticvets.com/avianvets.html

Opening in December 2004, but in the meantime..."

UPDATE--Dr.Pilny has left the Center for Avian & Exotic Medicine. According to what I could find online from the NYC Bird Club, there is a new vet at Avian & Exotic but they are there only 1 day a week.

Sources:
Cockatiel Club Forum Post about Dr.Pilny
NYC Bird Club Post about Dr.Pilny

TCR

Post   » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:16 pm

KANSAS
Wichita, KS

1) Drs. Sippel and Oehmke
All Creatures Veterinary Hospital
8414 W. 13th Street, Suite 170
Wichita, Ks 67212
316-721-3993

Both Dr. Sippel and Dr. Oehmke are both cavy savvy. The staff is very caring. Debbie the vet tech is also very cavy savvy as well. My current vet. With all the wellness checks and ailments of fostering pigs, they know me well.

2) Dr. Kara James
Cimarron Animal Hospital
6011 E. 21st
Wichita, KS 67208
316-686-4713
http://www.cimarronanimalhospital.com/

Make sure you get Dr. James not Dr. Rypma. I've used them in the past but they are an extra 20 minute drive from us. Dr. James knows her stuff and is willing to admit that she doesn't know something. One time I called and asked to see Dr. James and was told there was an opening and got Dr. Rypma, make sure the staff making the appointment is actually making one with Dr. James.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:11 pm

New York
New York City (Upper East Side)

Dr. Anthony Pilny, DVM Dipl ABVP
Avian & Exotic Pet Medicine at Lenox Hill Veterinarians
204 East 76th Street
New York, New York 10021-2932

Dr. Pilny now has his own practice. He has been a great vet with me, very caring and patient. He takes your thoughts to heart and welcomes new information. I have a pig with some complicated health issues and he has continued to work with us.

momof911kids
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:48 pm

Cavyslave8, yay! I'm so glad to hear that Dr.Pilny is at a new location. You don't how worried I was when I had googled his name and read those posts on that bird forum 2 months ago.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:53 pm

I was really worried too. Especially after I got a very unprofessional email from the owner of the hospital. Dr. Pilny handled things as professional as possible, I believe. He stayed in contact with me to check in on Ling Ling. Anyway, yay!

MysticBlueRaven

Post   » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:31 pm

Louisiana- Shreveport
North Shreveport Animal Hospital
850 Havens road
Shreveport , La 71107
phone number 318-424-8313
office hours
monday-friday 7:30am (for drop off only)
monday-friday 8:30am-6pm
saturday 7:30am-noon
after hours
Animal Emergency Clinic Of Shreveport-Bossier Inc
(318) 227-2345 2421 Line Ave
Shreveport, LA

There is 3 doctors at here,
Karen Gorden, DVM ferrets,rabbits and guinea and other exotics
Ned Wynn DVM rabbits , guinea pigs and birds
Tommy Williams DVM not sure what his specialies are
Bandit is currently seeing Ned Wynn for complicated health issues. He explains thing in detail and a very good listern.

shahidhaque

Post   » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Does anyone have any experience with:

Dr. Horton
Chicago Exotics Animal Hospital
3735 W. Dempster St.
Skokie, IL 60076

I am taking my pig (who potentially has ovarian cysts) there tomorrow.

Thanks for any help.