*This Little Piggie Marketplace*

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:45 pm

I have used a needled syringe to dose ivermectin. I have only used a 1cc syringe. I think the 1cc syringe is going to be your best bet.

poppypiggy

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:30 am

How different is the 0.5 cc syringe from the 1.0 cc one? I think I would have liked to have one that is even more accurate than the 1.0 cc one, but like the others here I don't think I would dare to use the needle directly on a pigs skin.

Would it be easy to transfer the Ivermectine from the 0.5 cc syringe to the 1.0 cc one once you have measured out the right amount of liquid? If so I think I would like to have the small syringe too.

In fact I would probably like to have the smaller one anyway because they could be useful to take blood samples from pigs with if the needle is thin enough. And they seem difficult to get here - I have already tried. Do you know how thin the needle is? The thinnest I can get here without buying a pack of 100, is 0,4 mm (millimeter).

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:32 pm

The company K-State used (I need to find the information) charged about $80 for cremation. Each of our pigs (and they have a good reputation for giving you only your pet) was returned to us in a pretty cedar box with a lock and key.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:47 pm

Would it be easy to transfer the Ivermectine from the 0.5 cc syringe to the 1.0 cc one once you have measured out the right amount of liquid?
I'd think transferring from the .5cc syringe to a 1cc syringe would be pretty difficult. To keep things simple, I'll probably just stick with the 1cc syringe with removable needle that I have offered in the past. Although I personally like the .5cc syringe better, I'd hate to be indirectly responsible for someone jabbing their piggie. ;-)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Stopped by Rural King on my lunch hour today, and low & behold found this cute little guy:

They were just putting them on the display shelf (along with other new critters...I was tempted to also get the hammy). "Rufus" looks much better on my computer monitor, although I may have to build him a tiny C&C when I get home from work.

If anyone is interested and can't find Schleich locally, I have him listed on TLPM.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:35 pm

That is one cute widdle pig.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:12 pm

How big is he? Is he full grown? Will he get along with my punk pig feep (which is only about an inch long)?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:34 pm

Will he get along with my punk pig feep?
Well, quarantine is always a good idea first. Otherwise, I would think they'd get along nicely. Rufus is 2" long from nose to grease gland, and about an inch tall.

Here he is, chewing up a Post-It pad:

Mugging for the camera:

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:07 pm

Ohh, he's cute.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:44 am

The Cavy Kit is finally back (in bright new colors -- woo hoo!).

I'm including shipping in the cost of the kit, so it's the same regardless of where you live in the US. For international orders, please email me and I'll give you a cost quote on the shipping charge.

Just as an FYI, TLPM is going to be seeing a major renovation soon. I've made the decision to drop Amazon.com as my affiliate program, and will be going with a direct seller instead. Offerings will include Critical Care, Ivermectin, other essentials -- including grooming supplies. Some products, such as books and toys, will be dropped, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

As always, thanks for looking!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:17 am

Looks great! No curved-tip syringe? Could you offer it as an extra? I would include some directions on use of Vetwrap. It's very important not to stretch it too much and cut off circulation.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:36 am

I will be getting one of these. I missed out last time. Thanks for posting it Sef.