Boar stories 2

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:20 pm

Dacourt and I are prepping for the big local Pet Expo at the OC fairgrounds http://www.petexpooc.com/ and we want to do a boar stories posterboard with info similar to this: https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2972

This came off since many times our boar pairs are still passed over, and a local animal shelter's staff is telling people that boars should never be put together because they fight to the death and refusing to adopt out their male pigs to homes w/ other male pigs.

Photos of boar pairs, and trios or small herds, a short blurb about how they get along, with permission to use them would be great.

Thank you!

veckard

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:24 pm

I don't think I can help, my boar pair is only three weeks old, so of course they get along. :)

rshevin

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Do you prefer a post here or an email? I absoutely have something to send you tonight (only on for a few minutes today).

If you happen to have an idea, roughly what demographic are you hitting? The cutest picture of my boars is their Hanukkah card but that may or may not hit anyone in your target.

Tammy

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:26 pm

I will have to find some of my Chuck & Peanut photos for you. They are old but I think they will work.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:29 pm

How many and what kind of story to you want? I have several boar pairs/trios I could tell you about and many pictures. You are welcome to take any photos for this off my gallery and stories off my Cavy Chronicles thread.

I have more pictures I could email you.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:33 pm

You can post them here if Lynx doesn't mind? I can copy them and email them to dacourt to print out. thank you all!

Or you can email them to luv4rabbitsncavy @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces) if you'd like. A few sentences including their names would be great too, and your name so we can credit you.

rs - it's more of a family oriented event, but there are many adult pet lovers too. I guess PG rated? I don't think there would be many x rated piggie shots?

DaCourt

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:42 pm

I don't see anything wrong with a Hanukkah picture.

I am sure we will get many more pictures and stories than we will actually have room for, so we thank you in advance for your help and understanding that not every picture will be able to be used.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:54 pm

I currently have Gus, Neal and Red together. I can get a picture of them together.

I had Jules, Neal and Steve until Steve and Jules passed away.

Previous to Neal, Jules and Steve lived together and previous to Jules, Steve and Max lived together.

The pairings (or trioings) were only broken up by the passing of a pig, except for Gopher being stupid but we don't have to mention that at this event.

I'm looking at a picture right now dated 11/01. Jules and Steve met that day and lived together in harmony until Feb of last year.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:15 pm

Heddwyn and Llewlyn fighting to the death:

Sundae and Taffy in earlier, healthier times:

Toby and one of the babies:

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:23 pm

What great pics, Mum! Toby looks just like our little Sidney.

BTW, you have inspired me to build new hayboxes out of coroplast while I'm on vacation week after next.

happyhoppy

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:30 pm

I've had great success with the addition of a baby boar to my lone boar, Tobias. Tobias was 7 months old and Tubi was around 2 months old when he joined Toby. Now they're 11 and 6 months old respectively.
Inicially, I worried a lot because of Tobias being a rebel teenager but everything turned out to be great. They are not the best friends but I think they are used to each others company and they've never fought, just Tobias rumblestrutting and moving his butt.

Unfortunately for them, mommy takes very bad pictures.

This is the day when I introduced them. A pignic at the balcony and they shared a delicious brunch together.

They get bored together:

Recent pic:

LorVoll

Post   » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:37 pm

My two boars, Wiggy and Oreo, used to dislike each other...unfortunately, they were initially introduced way back when both were going through piggy adolescence. They were the classic rolling ball of fur and drawing blood. However, I had them separated with a grid between them until they grew out of it. I re-introduced them with a buddy bath and a remodeled cage (2x5 with a 1x2 loft, plus a ramp to an "L" shaped 1x4), and all is well! They keep each other active and seem so much happier!