Cetaphil Cleanser good for cleaning grease gland

LandosMomma

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:10 am

You can get it at most organic food stores. Humans are using it as an alternative to butter and oils for cooking. I love it. If you like the smell of coconut. My 3 year old daughter will eat it when it is piggy grooming time. My naked piggies have never looked better! I know you can order it online as well. Make sure it is the cold pressed.

Sonaa

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:55 am

Is it weird not to see your piggie's grease gland? I was looking all over on my piggies and they squirmed and cried. Never could see it. Does it just mean it's not very active?

Sonaa

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:56 am

(By the way they squirmed and cried just because they didn't like their backsides mussed with and also because they don't like being away from each other. )

LandosMomma

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:00 am

Its normal for me here. We have trouble finding the abby's.

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:50 am

Cetaphil cream was mentioned to my mom. Her skin is very, very dry and sensative from all her chemo treatments. So dry that she tried vasaline on her face. She is very happy that this works so well. She tried tons of other things.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:15 am

I added this product and the coconut oil to the grooming page with links back to the main threads.

www.guinealynx.info/grooming.html

rshevin

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:14 am

Sonna,
Your males are still very, very young so I think it's normal not to have a grease gland for several weeks/months yet. My Smudgie actually didn't have a grease gland for quite a while. My working theory was that when I rescued him, he was too underweight to waste any fat producing the grease. I noticed recently he's started having one.

Sonaa

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:03 pm

Thanks Landosmama and rshevin.

Lanes mommy
For ALL the Piggies

Post   » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:11 pm

CeraVe makes a great moisturizing cream, lotion and soap-free wash. It is designed to mimic the natural lipid that is the surface of the skin. It is what the dermatologist that I rotated with suggested to his patients using Retin-A or the like. We also used it on patients with the family of "flaky dry skin". I brought some samples home and have been using it. My face, which gets irritated by anything, has had no problems with the moisturinzing cream or wash.

patchsmummy

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:23 pm

I too have dry flaky skin, and I use Lotil cream for the winter months and E45 for the summer months. For Toners. skin washes and exfoliaition products, I use the sensitive with tree tree range from Superdrug.
Another good range of facial masks etc.. is Montegue (cheaply priced), and Tissaraund, the most expensive.

Teresa

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:43 pm

I've become a coconut oil fanatic! I ran across some stuff about it on the web when I had a heart problem and looked to hypothyroidism as the culprit. That led me to coconut oil.

Honest to God, it's changed my life! You can't tell anyone who believes the antiquated info that not only is it NOT bad for you, it's very, very good for you!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:57 pm

I tried to find coconut oil locally today, but no luck. I guess I'll have to order it online. Is there a particular brand I should hunt for?