lump on back??

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Glad to hear she's better.

What kind of shampoo did you use? Your mistake may not have been in not rinsing enough, but in using a less-than-ideal product for her.

Many shampoos for small animals should not be used on a guinea pig, and most people aren't aware of that. The best shampoos sometimes are not readily available, either.

coco and sugar

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:19 pm

I used Zodiac Triple Action Flea & Tick Shampoo for kittens. Thats what the lady at the pet store said she uses on her pigs. Please let me know the CORRECT shampoo as I know I have much more to learn then just what I received from the exoticpet link (before I found this site).

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:24 pm

Don't use that stuff again - I seem to remember it may contain pyrethrins, which are toxic.

You can use regular bunny shampoo - much safer!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Don't believe anything anyone at a pet store tells you. You didn't know, but they don't know what will help (or harm) your pet. They are looking only to sell you products to get your money.

Bunny Bath is safe and readily available. Products like HyLyt are excellent, but not as easily available, and more expensive. You can get them from a vet, online, or sometimes at feed stores.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:53 pm