I've been told I'm going to hear on Monday from Dr. D's colleague about his findings. He told boyfriend that he has more luck on weekends. I still don't know that I think it's teeth, I mean, she eats fine when she eats. I don't know. We'll see.
I might just chock up the extra $70 and pay for another x-ray, just for fun.
- I Love Lucy
Edited to clarify-- when I say cut off any excess, I mean only things like what you described where a long piece is hanging and not holding anything.
I guess maybe I'll ask about another body x-ray? She's still not eating properly (but ate a critterberry tonight so I really don't think it's teeth), she's still squeaking while going potty (seems to have increased in my opinion), and it's been long enough for that to stop, I'd think. Her surgery was May 10th. What on earth could this be? At nearly 3 weeks, I would think the abdominal pressure for going to the bathroom would have been gone by now.
I would wonder if her problem is suture rejection and there is an infection going on under the healed skin.
I have no idea how it can be checked without reopening her. Ultrasound?
I'm torn here. If I go back to Red Bank they'll still push to do the teeth and they'll cost me more money than I have. And I don't know that I trust them too much. But they are the ones who did the spay so they might know something. Ugh!
- My home, ruled by pigs!
This happened to Sophie and I was told to leave it alone if it wasn't bothering her which it wasn't. Hers was from the internal stitches, not the external. The vet snipped it off as close as possible.
No swelling, perfectly healed incison site. The only sign of a problem was her lethargy, lack of appetite despite being hydrated and general looking like she felt ill.
When her eyes became dull and receded I pushed the vet to open her up to find the cause. Nothing to lose - she was clearly dying. I had already put her on an AB when she first started looking poorly.
The vet agreed when she saw how her condition had deteriorated. Turned out the entire line of interior sutures had been rejected and there was an infection running the full length of the spay interior inciosion. 3-4". The pus was well sealed in by the beautifully healed exterior incision.
Another AB was added in(she ended up on Baytril and Doxy) and she was given a 50/50 prognosis. My vet said if she made it thru the next 48 hours, she would probably survive.
She made it. The vet felt it was the first AB I put her on(Baytril, I think) that saved her life. It gave her a tiny edge on the infection.
It is important to note the exterior incison site was perfect. I think we had to go back in about 2 weeks after the initial spay.
Either way, I'll be in talks with Dr. D's colleague sometime this week anyhow. There needs to be an end in sight.
But (once again, since I like to teeter on the issue), I don't know how it can be teeth OR neuro/muscular. She will sit there and not eat pellets, but once the critterberry bag emerges, she's all over it. It's not like her teeth/muscles work for a critterberry and not pellets at the same time of day.
It's been over a WEEK since Sanford went in for a urinalysis and I still don't have the results and I was supposed to get info on Monday about what he found about Henry on the board!
I know it's not the receptionists fault because I keep getting the same one and she keeps telling me she gives him the messages. I know I can't just yell at whoever picks up the phone but this is STUPID! I told her that if he doesn't want to pick up the phone, someone else needs to because I'm entitled to the results of the urine tests (at the very least).
What can I do short of driving down there and throwing a tantrum in the middle of the floor?
- My home, ruled by pigs!