Henry - crusty eyes, lethargic

somechick

Post   » Wed May 30, 2007 7:32 pm

Henry was on Bactrim but is now off since it's been the allotted time. When I talk to the vet and ask him to humor me with a body x-ray for stones, I'll have a urinalysis done too.

somechick

Post   » Wed May 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Photos, 20 days post-op:

Close-up:

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu May 31, 2007 9:10 am

And just mentioning that, if I remember correctly, Henry was having inappetence prior to the spay.

Hope you can get some answers, SC. I know how worrying this has been.

somechick

Post   » Thu May 31, 2007 11:37 am

True, sef. She does pick at her food and eats it when she picks, but it's just not enough to sustain weight.

But (once again, since I like to teeter on the issue), I don't know how it can be teeth OR neuro/muscular. She will sit there and not eat pellets, but once the critterberry bag emerges, she's all over it. It's not like her teeth/muscles work for a critterberry and not pellets at the same time of day.

somechick

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:39 pm

I have HAD IT! Not only did Dr. D never call me back, but I have called her colleague FOUR times, three days in a row and he has not called me back.

It's been over a WEEK since Sanford went in for a urinalysis and I still don't have the results and I was supposed to get info on Monday about what he found about Henry on the board!

I know it's not the receptionists fault because I keep getting the same one and she keeps telling me she gives him the messages. I know I can't just yell at whoever picks up the phone but this is STUPID! I told her that if he doesn't want to pick up the phone, someone else needs to because I'm entitled to the results of the urine tests (at the very least).

What can I do short of driving down there and throwing a tantrum in the middle of the floor?

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:11 pm

That stinks. I'd be mad too. How about asking that receptionist if she can find out from the vet why you don't have the results. Ask if she can do it while you're on hold if he still can't come to the phone. At least maybe she can get you some info instead of leaving you hanging.

momof911kids
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:20 pm

SC, I know exactly how you feel! I'm still waiting for the vet to effing call me back and tell me about the gross necropsy for Ashes (which is why I haven't posted about it)!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 pm

Absolutely ridiculous. Any luck today, SC?

somechick

Post   » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:44 am

Yeah finally. He said he got no good info from the boards he posted on. (I'm honestly wondering if he remembered to post at all, but whatever.) No one seems to have any idea why a pig just wouldn't eat. But we still don't think it's teeth.

I've had her separated this weekend. She eats all her veggies just fine. Doesn't leave the hard stuff, doesn't drop the carrot and make a mess. She eats critterberries. Yesterday she ate 11g of pellets, which is more than her all time high of 5g during this ordeal. I base her bowl off of Sanford's. Sanford eats about 25g per 24 hour period. Henry eats 11g. I am also handfeeding her 50cc's a day. Today I'm going to drop back to 35ccs just to see if she eats the same or more on her own and if she maintains her weight.

I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow for an x-ray and urinalysis just to see what the hell could be causing the squeaking while going to the bathroom, nearly a month later.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:20 am

Oy. Did he bother to let you know Ferd's test results?

somechick

Post   » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:42 pm

(Ferd is okay, so I won't bog this thread down with that, but she's back to normal.)

Back from the vet with no answers. X-ray showed *maybe* the colon being pushed in an odd position, so we're taking another one on Thursday, just to see if she was laying weird today or if it really is funny. It could just be extra fat or scar tissue or anything really. He said if it's the same on Thursday, we could do an ultrasound, but again, it might be nothing. He also admitted that he might be seeing things because he's trying to find something. He thought that maybe if it's being pushed on oddly, it could cause discomfort when going to the bathroom.

But something I thought about when I left, is that the bladder is under the colon so that doesn't explain crying while peeing, only pooping. Henry didn't pee so I plan on a urinalysis Thursday too.

If everything comes up negative, he doesn't know where to go from there. He still thinks nothing is wrong with the teeth, but there might be something with the tongue/muscles that a MRI could define. But he also knows that has nothing to do with the potty problem. I'd like to worry about the crying first. I honestly have no ideas left. And he doesn't seem to either.

There was that mystery mammary tumor that seemed to have disappeared. Could that have something to do with it? We can't feel it anymore but could it have been shoved elsewhere when the surgery happened? This was going on pre-spay so I don't know if the spay made something go wrong, but I guess it's possible.

Does any one have any other suggestions as to why she would cry while going to the bathroom if it's not stones, the urinalysis shows nothing, and the x-ray/US shows nothing?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:00 pm

Adhesions from the spay? Don't know if those are detectable on u/s.