Scooter has lost weight

Amber23

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:06 am

I'm sorry, Dacourt.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:15 am

I'm so very sorry - I know how much you and Dana loved him.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:17 am

I'm so sorry about Scooter.

DaCourt

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:48 am

Courtney is so distraught. Luckily, before she went to bed last night, we had a long talk and she was prepared for what we had to do. We were actually going to bring him to Dr. R today and put an end to his suffering.

When I tried to hand feed him last night, he could not even lift his head. That's when I knew we were at the end. So I put aside the CC and went and got him his favorite, blueberries. He showed one last burst of energy and practically dove into the bowl.

Courtney and I went together to say good bye. When it was time, we sang him his little song, and Courtney kissed him on his head. He closed his eyes and gave a little sigh. He then rasied his head a little for one last chin scratch.

I am going to get a necropsy done today.

Courtney made up a little song, kind of silly, that has a verse for every guine pig that haas ever been in our home, fosters too. It was based on their personallity. We called Scooter, Scooter Butt, because up until the time he was 2 years old, he acted like an a** to Scooby. Then he mellowed out. Here was his verse of the song:

Scooter Butt, Scooter Butt, I'm a piggy not a mutt!

I know it is silly, but we just sand that to him over and over. We brought Scooby with us to say good bye. He sat right next to him and licked him. When they took him away, Scooby went nuts and started running circles and wheeking. Then he just stopped and laid down with a big sigh.

barb5417
For all Wonkys & Winkys

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:12 pm

I'm so sorry that you lost him.
He was very lucky to have been with you. He was very much loved and he knew it.

DaCourt

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Here are Scooter's xrays for future reference.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:41 pm

I take it it's okay with you to add them to this thread then?

They looked like very large stones. Stones also have a terrible tendency to recurr. This is a tough disease to deal with.

So sorry for you and your daughter.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:52 pm

I am so sorry for you and Courtney. And Scooby, too. There are some things we just cannot fix. I'm glad you could all be with him at the end.

DaCourt

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:00 pm

Lynx, feel free to use the pictures however you need to. I am having the necropsy done so I will let you know the outcome.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:39 pm

I'm so sorry that sweet Scooter is gone. He had such a caring and loving family with you and Courtney, and his piggy friends.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:36 pm

I'm sorry :( Let me know if you need anything. I'll see you tomorrow.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:51 pm

Thanks, I cropped them a little and uploaded them.

I hope the information you learn from the necropsy is helpful to you.