Can you remove metal ear tags?

dragnsl

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:57 am

Hmmm, no albinos. I had no idea. It was just an assumption on my part of course with the PEW. I have been firmly re-educated!

Sus if there are no albinos then how can they not be blind? ;) I am giving YOU a hard time now. LOL

Well Bennett is a super sized PEW and is healthy and is no longer a lamp since he is here and loved and will soon be tagless!

He is so beautiful and I think Friday when I take my dogs in I think he will come too and see what I can do about getting it off. I can't not look at it when I look at him and most people would never even see it I don't think.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:31 am

I said there were no albino guinea pigs and then you asked if lethals were albinos. Last time I checked, lethals were guinea pigs (of which there are no albinos).

And again, like I wrote above, albinos are not blind.

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:33 am

Albinos are NOT blind.

Lethals ARE blind.

Therefor, lethals are not albinos. Especially since there are no albino cavies. Remember those annoying math questions like this?

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:47 am

Symbolic logic! I loved that class.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:54 am

Me too! The principles are very useful in RL.

Pooka and Pixie

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:56 pm

"There's no such thing as an albino guinea pig."

Why not? There are albino alligators and squirrels and frogs and deer and bears. Why can't there be an albino guinea pig?

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:51 pm

That's the question I've never seen a satisifactory answer to. Maybe the gene mutuation just hasn't occured.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:02 pm

I've been surfing around on the web, and haven't found anything conclusive. It seems that albinism in guinea pigs is closely related to the himalayan markings? But the breeding is such that it is very, very difficult to actually get a true non-pigmented guinea pig.

newwave_polly

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:20 pm

Pooksied! I heart you! I did two semesters of symbolic logic "just for fun". haha.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:32 pm

LOL. I envy you. If they had had more classes in it, I would have taken more. The class was total playtime. I was so bummed when it was done. Easiest 'A' ever.

newwave_polly

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:04 pm

Yup, easy 'A' for sure AND it teaches you how to argue. ;)

At least the first semester was easy. The second one sort of blew my mind a little. The arguments were getting a little crazy.

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:48 pm

Was Graham an albino pig?
I was also under the impression that if it was to be entered in a show it had to be tagged. That would also beg the question why a show pig was running around a park wild, but that was my first thought was "show pig" for some reason.

No Graham was not an albino pig (see the discussion on the first page), nor was he a PEW. He was a lovely self cream (or maybe buff) American with dark eyes. I first thought maybe show pig or breeder too when I saw the tag, but then why was he in the park? And as we got to know Graham we realized he loved people and he had no idea what to do with other pigs. It was like he had never seen or lived with another pig before. But lots of people crowded around a table 12 inches from his cage, no problem. Time to snack on pellets like they were popcorn and watch all the fun!