Elsie's ugly teeth

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:58 pm

Annabelle misses Elsie so much I had to put a fake guinea pig in the cage with her...ssshhh.don't tell her it's fake.

pinta

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:29 pm

Floortime is fine. If she doesn't have the energy, she'll just sit. Give her a spot to sit.

somechick

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:06 pm

Awww poor Annabelle. I guess your other little one is still too much of a terror to be Annabelle's buddy?

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:24 pm

"I guess your other little one is still too much of a terror to be Annabelle's buddy?"

Yes, that didn't work out and I returned her to the foster Mom. We both prefer she be placed in a home where she can live with another guinea pig O:(.

somechick

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:32 pm

I totally understand that. Bad, bad piggie! Here's to a healthy recovery to Elsie.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Elsie, please get well soon girl, you are stressing your mommy and Annabelle out. :)

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:20 pm

I hope Elsie recovers and does well on her meds. Poor little Annabelle, at least she has a temporary friend now.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:46 pm

Elsie is here at work with me. It's going to be a matter of time before I loose her. She's eating well but has bouts of trouble breathing.

Right now they don't look to bad to me so I am to monitor her and decide if I need to return her back to the vet so she can be in oxygen. My poor baby.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:22 pm

This is so tough. You've spent so many years with her and care about her so much. I know this is a difficult time.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:42 pm

I do hope she's able to pull through this - I know how much you care about her.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:16 pm

My regular vet wasn't there today. I asked the vet who checked her out and it's not something that she will recover from. At best she may rally and I'll have her for a little while but we just don't know if it will be days, weeks or months.

She gave me the max dose for the Lasix (0.45) so I can up that slowly to see if it works better.

Right now she's got diarrhea because they gave her Baytril instead of Bactrim. That's my fault because I forgot she can't take Baytril. So, after work I'll go get Bactrim and take her home and stuff her with Critical Care so she can poop properly!

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:31 pm

Actually, I also remember her saying something more positive about what the meds may do but it remains to be seen. Right now she is resting comfortably. Her breathing doesn't seem all that bad to me but she's not pooped yet. I can't wait to get some CC in her.