Ack! Why did Jackie lose weight?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:17 pm

If he were mine I'd try gently lubricating his sac with something containing glycerine. This soaks in quickly and doesn't accumulate or gum up the way Vaseline, vegetable oils, or even mineral oil can over time.

KY jelly has glycerine in it, along with a small amount of chlorhexidine gluconate. If you use it, be sure you get the original, plain version. There are some now that have, er, enhancements added to enhance what it's, er, usually used for. It's a great product that has a lot of really good uses in addition to the usual.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:37 pm

I have this all the time with Heddwyn. He has chronic impaction, but sometimes he passes big globs of goo, othertimes I squeeze them out, and sometimes they're little hard globs (ugh - sorry!).

I use mineral oil sometimes - it seems to help. But maybe I should switch to something else!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:47 pm

The plain KY sounds like a good possible solution. Poor Jackie! I'm glad to hear that he is otherwise doing well.

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:57 pm

My Piggy is working towards having a chronic impaction problem now too so I may have to get some KY to have on hand for him as well. I have mineral oil and coconut oil that I currently use although I typically prefer water flushes at the moment. For now though, he can pass all the solid waste and just needs help with residue. GROSS!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:02 pm

Eau de butt - urgh!

A very familiar smell in my kitchen around breakfast time :-p

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:04 pm

How very unappetizing.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:42 pm

Yes, I've had an upset stomach recently, so I haven't even thought about venturing anywhere near Jackie's stinky butt. I don't need to feel even sicker!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:30 pm

Today I was cuddling Jackie, and I noticed that the lump on his side had a white spot. I squeezed, and white cheesy stuff came out. It didn't smell, so I'm thinking Jackie has himself a follicular cyst or some such, that's been growing for a year on his side. After assiduous squeezing (I need to get a curved-tip syringe to flush it) it's almost flat. You wouldn't know it's there except there's no hair over it and the skin is a little darker. Is that worrisome?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:14 pm

The one Snowflake had seemed to be fine after it was cleaned out. But there was not that much gunk in it (near the surface, kind of like a cap of skin came off and white pasty material beneath, carefully removed -- not enough for a curved tip syringe, I think).

How much do you think there was? A pea sized amount? More?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:58 pm

At least a pea-sized amount. His had a hole that I squeezed the goo out of. About the texture of ricotta cheese.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Was it like a big zit?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:44 pm

It had the consistency of a fatty lump but the look of an abscess. I'm about to upload some pictures.