Cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil and Tanuki

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:00 am

I also put it on my feet, elbows, knees and hands at night.

LandosMomma

Post   » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:42 pm

Sorry I have been away on vacation for a bit. Rshevin, I actually ended up getting it at an Organic store here on Holland. It is so wonderful! Do you need me to send you some? I'll gladly mail you some if you'd like or bring it out to you. Send me an e-mail and let me know!

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:33 pm

I'm just using some that I got from the organic store in Ghent. It doesn't say cold pressed but it is extra virgin and it worked really well on Piggy's extra nasty grease gland. It's worth it for that alone. Just isn't going to be that helpful for the kitty.

lisam

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:18 pm

I would like some updates from people trying this.

pogolysmom

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:26 pm

I'm lovin' this stuff. My Tina's fur is all grown back and she doesn't have any more fungus. My Nina's foot "sore" was gone within a couple of days.

I put it on my cuts and it helps them heal quickly too. This stuff is great.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:51 pm

:}

HOORAY FOR HEALING!!

rshevin

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:47 pm

It was great for Piggy's grease gland but not so good on the cat. Maybe because he just doesn't sit still for me to apply it well enough and often enough. I havent figured out what other uses to try it on yet.

lisam

Post   » Tue May 01, 2007 6:40 pm

I've been trying it on Clyde's flaky back--it works great! He had these huge greasy flakes (he's a teddy) on his back, above his grease gland. I massage in a very small amount. A little goes a long way, and it melts on your finger!

Clyde's back is doing much better. Very little flaking anymore. It worked so well that when I adopted out a teddy with similar problems, and gave them a small container of the coconut oil to rub onto his skin periodically.

This was after mites and fungus were ruled out.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue May 01, 2007 6:48 pm

!! Hooray for coconut oil!!

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:07 pm

Ok I need some help. I used coconut oil this morning to soak the grease glands on both my boars. I shampooed them both THOROUGHLY, twice with bunny bath and they still have really, really greasy bottoms. Help! What can I do to get this off? These pet shampoos really don't seem to do anything at all towards dissolving oily substances.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:02 am

Dawn - works wonders!

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:10 am

Ugg, another bath then? I'll wait until tomorrow when the already semi-dirty towels are dry. They aren't all that dirty, just wet from drying the boys off. Ugg. Do you think Harris Teeter store brand dish detergent will work too? Maybe I should just get some Dawn and keep it in my pig box.