Wheekly Tales from the Timothy Bin Vol 2

Tammy

Post   » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Oh Beibei! Caramel wants to share her story about her spurs too. I think some pigs are just prone to spurs no matter what. Maybe they came with age? How old is Beibei? Caramel is 6 yrs old and it's only been in the past few months that she started developing spurs too.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:58 pm

Tammy, how do you go about her spurs?
Beibei is only 3 years old at the most...
But she has had the for almost a year already, but not at this speed of growth, and it was only on one of her front paw before...

I worry I am going to cut her when I trim those bits off, I also worry that she is going to chew her little footsie open and get infected.
It scared Ben when he saw bloody paw prints in her cage last week!

Italian Bacon

Post   » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:08 pm

My pigs used to get that before I moved them into a bigger cage with a nice big ramp, but I might be describing something different. Beibei's hand looks like mine did, but mine weren't as bad as that. Maybe they grow from inactivity? I thing they are like callouses and they just need to be worn down.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:09 pm

As clean as your cages are, I doubt Beibei will be too dreadfully prone to infection. Just keep an eye on her. The chlorhex soaks sound like a great idea and if worst comes to worst, you bandage it. HOpe it doesn't come to that though.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:31 pm

I think what you're doing is the best course (clipping occasionally). If it is any consolation, Snowflake had spurs and later had fewer or no spurs so this may not be a problem all her life. General watching for infection and soaking if they bleed is a good idea.

Tammy

Post   » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:51 pm

You can use Kwik-Stop, the powder that stops bleeding from nail trimming if you like. I do that for myself when I cut myself when prepping food with a knife.

I just clip off as much of the spur as I can. Caramel doesn't mind. Since you bed on fleece and change frequently, I wouldn't really worry too much if she's going to get infected. But the soak is a good idea.

Just went to check on Caramel and didn't find spurs. I guess they come and go?

gpgrandma
Supporter in '07

Post   » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:19 pm

Maybe she wants to be a cowgirl? You know--spurs that jingle jangle jingle... sorry, had to toss that in!

Hope that BeiBei and Caramel both do well!

Wheekers3

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:09 am

Great to see you again Momo. Loved the story and video. So sweet. What a great way to remember Meimei.

I wish I had video capabilities.

crazypiggie247
The Herd Of Wonders

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:06 pm

My piggies and I are so happy you are back Momo. We truly enjoyed your latest tale. I showed my lazy pigs your video of McMac and Beibei doing their super cute tricks, the reactions were varied: Eddie went into pancake mode, the triplets all just looked at me like I was nuts, and Max chewed his butt. I think this was his way of saying "you wanna see a trick, I'll show you a trick. See, bet YOU can't do that."

Oh, well. I just pat their little heads and say "it's a good thing your cute."

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:25 am

Well, looks like the forgetful momo got .. uh.. eh... forgetful again.
I meant to debut these wonderful scrapbook pages 1aicha made for us in the first episode, and it totally slipped my mind.
*coughs*

These links will take you to their pages with the proper credits on them.
...So without further ado, may I present...

Meimei!!!

McMac!!!

Mojo!!!

and Beibei!!!

Thank you so much again 1aicha, I love all these pages, they capture our piggies' individuality so well! :)

Tammy

Post   » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:29 am

Beibei is adorable!

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:42 am

The pages are lovely. Of course I like McMac's the most. He's such a dashing little man.