Sundae

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun May 20, 2007 10:56 am

He's eating very well and seems to be in no discomfort at all.

I do, however, give him metacam daily - just in case.

He gets regular food treats throughout the day, which he scarfs.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sun May 20, 2007 11:07 am

I am glad he still is hungry. Bless you for hospicing him.

maremma

Post   » Sun May 20, 2007 5:34 pm

Metacam is a non steroidal anti inflammatory right? I am pretty sure she meant an actual steroid. I am guessing it would have to be a higher dose kind too though.

I am going to try to so some research on it as I had never heard of it before the nightmare with BigBilly happened.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun May 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Doom was put on prednisone for inoperable lymphoma. The vet said pred would kill immature cancer cells and prevent new ones from growing in his tumors. I'm not sure how good it was at that, as his tumor grew larger and he had to be put to sleep 3 weeks later.

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... c&start=60

He was in good spirits until he started being extremely floppy, and falling on his side (liver problems from anorexia from the tumor making it hard to eat + stealing all his calories) and was euthanized that morning. His poops were bright orange but he had a good appetite as far as he could actually breathe enough to eat.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:11 am

I've been treating Sundae for the past week for a suspected UTI: his cage stank of that particular UTI smell, but he showed no other symptoms.

Today I bathed him, but tonight he still has that dreadful rotting flesh smell.

He'll still perky, but I think we're coming to the end.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:19 am

I'm so sorry Sundae isn't doing well. I hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:45 am

We'll keep sweet Sundae (and you) in our thoughts, Mum.

klynne

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:05 am

I'm sorry Mum. Just trust your instincts as to when. We'll all be thinking of you and Sundae. He's such a beauty.

Topaz

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:06 am

I'm crossing my fingers that he pulls through Mum.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:09 am

ahhh poor Sundae. I hope he pulls through.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:32 am

I'm thinking of you and Sundae. I'm so sorry.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:00 pm

I am reading this thread for the first time, and it brought me to tears. I feel so sorry for Sundae, and for you. He looks like such a sweet guy and it kills me what this "person" did to him. You do so much for these little guys sometimes with little thanks from others, and I think you are a remarkable person for it. I'm sure Sundae knows how much you love and care for him. I really hope that he can pull through. I will be thinking of both of you.