Navin R. Johnson's Medical Thread

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sat May 19, 2007 1:02 pm

Yes! Cuke works groovy.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat May 19, 2007 5:57 pm

Okay. This appears to be something I seriously need to know about. How does one hide meds in a cuke? Details!! Please!!

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sat May 19, 2007 6:29 pm

Oh - its the Shilintong that I am tricking him into taking. I cut the cucumber into his (and Kai's) chunk - and then I stick the pills (because I use 2, since Kai is "family" so it might end up being an issue for him and going to share the cuke anyway) up into it and let them sit there for a while, until the Shilintong gets smooshy. Then I take what's left of it out, smoosh em in the bowl, cut up the rest of the cukes into small bites and then "toss" it in the shillingtong goob.

They both eats it all and lick the plate! :} What a good boy!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat May 19, 2007 7:50 pm

Ohhhkay. Thank you very much. I'll remember this for Spikey.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sat May 19, 2007 8:18 pm

Smells like tamari cukes and makes me hungry!

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:30 pm

Well.

Navin is crying again. I just heard it for the first time, but we have been away for daddy's funeral the weekend.

I started him on antibiotics and am hoping that its just a UTI. I just cannot see putting him through the surgery every 3 months or so, nor can I honestly afford to do it.

Makes me cringe to say it, but its just what it is.

If its not just a UTI - I asked the rescue if he needed to come back there and be a sanctuary pig - and maybe he will, but otherwise - I think I will just metacam him here at home as long as I can.

!Jesus! What a crappy couple of days. Given my druthers, I would like to spread my life crap over multiple months please.

Anyway - if yall would keep him in mind about him having just a UTI or being pain free as long as he can if its not - we would certainly appreciate that.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:34 pm

Poor Navin and BL. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts. I hope he just has a UTI.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:07 pm

If its not just a UTI - I asked the rescue if he needed to come back there and be a sanctuary pig - and maybe he will, but otherwise - I think I will just metacam him here at home as long as I can.
B/L, I'm really sorry you and Navin are going through this. Quite frankly, he's probably best off with you.

I personally wouldn't put a pig through more than one stone surgery. If he keeps making them, then I suspect your plan of keeping him comfortable is a good one.

I have a stone pig here, Candy, who is in a similar situation. She'll stay here as long as she's comfortable (nobody wants to touch her strange stones surgically). When she's no longer comfortable, at least I can make sure she doesn't suffer any longer than necessary.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:58 pm

I hope it's just a UTI, too. We're keeping you and Navin in our thoughts.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:00 pm

Oh Navin. Stop scaring your mommy. It isn't nice. You take all your medicines and be a good boy.

And BL, I also think your home is the best place imaginable for him to live out his life pain free, if necessary.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:08 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little Navin man.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:57 pm

Nave, don't be sick. Poor ole' boy. Mr. Piggy says to drink lots of water.