Different Breeds of Guinea Pigs (A Breeders view)

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:46 pm

I could scream at people who claim to have tan pigs and albino pigs. 'K?

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:00 pm

I saw on the other thread (which I dont want to add questions) but E can you tell me what a "Blue" is?

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:29 pm

There is a blue roan, which is really a black roan, and also a slate blue. I think it was a variety developped in England (or was it Australia?), but I'm not sure what you mean by a blue.

Oh and which 'other thread'?

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:56 pm

This is the new threa Josaphine started for reference (thus why I didnt want to clog it up with questions). You will see where she mentioned BLUE.

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... highlight=

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:58 pm

Oh, E, by "Tan", I'm referring to the Black and Tan if you read the first page of the thread. The Marten gene.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:00 pm

I think Blue was taken out of the most recent ACBA standard book (one is published every 4-5 years) since it was so uncommonly shown in the US. That just shows you that my info is older. I was trained about 15 years ago when I was showing.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:04 pm

So a Blue would be what sort of color? Like a grey kind of?

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:04 pm

Oh, I think I'm done for tonight. Will be home tomorrow and will check this thread for any suggestions/changes.

I guess I'll need some breed pics, although I won't get any of the rarer breeds, I'm sure.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:05 pm

Yeah, like grey for lack of a better comparison.

LandosMomma

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:10 pm

Thank goodness they don't recognize the skinnies and show them. Momma would be in jail ;)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:25 pm

The most efficient way to do this is to have pics hosted here. Then they will not disappear. Name your pic in lowercase by the coat name (this will help) if you want to contribute one.

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:39 am

Jo-
I know you were refering to the Tan & Black. I meant yelling at the people who insist they have a 'tan' pig when, in fact, it's red or cream or beige or lilac or a million other things.