Different Breeds of Guinea Pigs (A Breeders view)

amptondooz

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:51 pm

I don't think this one would be any good because you can't see the whole body, but you can see the colourings and fur texture.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n123 ... ondooz.jpg

To bad Momo isn't here, you could get some hawt pictures of Mojo with his bangs!

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:33 pm

She'll be back soon. You can always poke around her photobucket albums. :-) I adore widdle Mojo.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:28 pm

dgarriques, I think I'm all set. I will be offering them with the calendars when they come out (I have a bunch).

amptondooz, that's exactly what I meant. I saved it to a new folder. Don't really have time to evaluate everyone's pics though (and as Josephine notes, we need the best). We gotta get it right.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:03 pm

Lynx, this is what I like so far:

Abyssinian
LibbyLou's Foster Broken Color Cream & White Shorter coat.
LibbyLou's Foster Broken Color Black & White Longer coat with different rosettes.
Sakura Broken Color Black & White. Aby with a longer tail!

American
LibbyLou's Foster Tortoiseshell & White

Peruvian
Rayna White (DEW)
LibbyLou's Foster Broken Color Red & White

Silkie
Libby Lou's Foster TSW
Libby Lou's Foster Himalayan Looks like it has a shorter/trimmed coat.

Teddy
Libby Lou's Foster Golden Agouti

Texel
Baby Kramer Looks like a Broken Color Red & White
Betty Boop Looks like a Broken Color Red & White
Coco Bean Looks like a tortoiseshell.

White Crested
Libby Lou's Foster Red This is actually one of the most common colors bred intentionally.
Libby Lou's Foster Tortoiseshell This pig has an incomplete white crest (very common).

Oh, since it was such a good pic, I also would like this:
Self Crested
Libby Lou's Foster Golden Agouti

I think I can dig up a Coronet pic out of my stuff. I don't see any submitted so far. I'll also look for more Satin pics and if Jennicat has any more to submit in different lighting, that would be great!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:09 pm

I will collect them tomorrow and see if I can set up a page.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:19 pm

This is the original photo of Sakura, with her rooster tail (not resized - more clear).

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/ ... erTail.jpg

momof911kids
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:24 pm

Lynx, feel free to upload Rayna's pic to the site to always have available. Also if you want the original pic, which is bigger than what I uploaded to my webspace, then just let me know and I will email it to you.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:43 pm

Oh, I don't have a great pic anywhere of my Coronet.

This is the best I have:
Beaujolais, Broken Red & White Coronet He's with his Silkie brother, Ciel. I wonder if anyone else has a Coronet? None come to mind offhand.

Here are some American Satin pics:
Luciole, Red
Emma, a Red Eyed Orange and Cannelle, a Red
Dazzle, a Broken Color Red & White

I hope I do get some others submitted, that may be better than these, but I think some sheen is apparent, if not only on the nose rings of the head-on views).

I can't resist this one of a Silkie. It is of my first rescue, Hiver, when I had serious designs on fully coating him out. He was my first coated pig and it was a real novelty for awhile. How impractical!

Hiver, Broken Color Red & White

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:48 pm

Mum's pictures of her satin (Heddwyn?) are excellent and really show off his shine.

Piggster

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:10 pm

Josephine, I have some great pics of my satin piggy Derek, my avatar. leebee did a photo shoot of all of my pigs a year and a half ago when he was still with me. Let me know and I'll forward the link to you via email.

I also need to get in touch with you re the date I mentioned to you back on Fri 06-01. I'm still finalizing the date and will let you know within the next couple weeks. I'm thinking early Oct.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:19 pm

Can you post the link here, Piggster?

I think that first pic of Heddwyn should be a keeper. I think it is definitely representative of a satin.