Elsie's ugly teeth

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:17 am

Did he give you lots of precautions for the glue boards? You don't want mice to be able to get on them. You want to completely protect any warm blooded animal from contacting them.

I would avoid Pyrethrin. I still think your choices will be better.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:31 am

No precautions for the glue boards. How would you stop mice from getting on them anyway? I plan on putting one under the girls cage and one in my bedroom and one on the bottom of the steps that come up into the living room.

Well, how long before i see results with the Ivermectin and Revolution. So far I see no improvement.

Pyrethrin is supposed to be the only chemical that works on chiggers O:(.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:12 am

Right now they have Ivermectin and Revolution on them.
These shouldn't be used at the same time.

Try Advantage - you can use this with the others.

Failing all else try a stinky LymDyp bath - that stuff is effective on lots of nasties!

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:18 pm

Ooops..i thought it was safe to use both.

I can try the Advantage now?

If I give them a bath again, does that wipe away the Ivermectin and Revolution I put on them?

Can I buy the LymDyp bath stuff myself and do it?

Sorry for all the questions but I am feeling desparate. Elsie is getting weak from lack of excerise..I want to be able to take her out and have floor time and I can't!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:03 pm

If you were going to have problems, they would have shown up already.

I would not bathe your pigs.

I could be wrong but I thought someone mentioned it was possible to use ivermectin orally/injected and Revolution topically. But maybe it is an oral/injected ivermectin and topical Advantage I'm thinking of.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:56 pm

Lynx, you may be right - I just know that you're not supposed to use them concurrently, although I've done it 3 days apart in desperation.

I really like LymDyp for things that don't react fast enough to the other regimens. You can buy it from Calvet I believe (it's a dip, not a bath).

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:51 pm

I put the topical stuff on, no injections or pills.

Mum, If I use the LymDyp will it wash away the Ivermectin and Revolution? If so , do I wait about 7-10 days before I use it?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:38 pm

The ivermectin and revolution should have been absorbed (as I understand it), so it should be fine to use the LymDyp.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:50 pm

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with those gross things! I don't have any advice but just wanted to wish you luck in getting rid of them.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Thanks Cabybara!!!

Mum, I am to mix the LymDyp and then put it on the girls but then don't blow dry them? Just towel dry them?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:01 pm

Actually, while you're only supposed to towel dry I do blow dry - they still stink for weeks afterwards :-p

Do it outside if you can.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:14 pm

Mum, I do agree with you that they should not both be used topically. I think this is what Josephine has advised.
I was just saying the ill effects would likely have already occured.