Six pigs in need of a home in Watertown, MA

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:41 am

Do you think I could find one on eBay?

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:20 pm

mmeadow, is there anything I can do to help?

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:37 pm

Thanks for asking, Cindy. We're off to Cape Cod for a week vacation, bringing the two Problem Pigs, lots of equipment, and lots of good luck wishes from kind people. Four not-sick pigs are staying home, with a friend looking in daily.

Whiskers, the other pregnant dump, is under the excellent care of LedasMom, who also adopted the two boars. Wish her luck too, because I think Whiskers is close to delivering.

I won't be online much. Will update when back.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:52 pm

Good luck Ledasmom, I'm sure everything will go well. Piggie is in good hands.

Ledasmom

Post   » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:32 pm

I tell ya, I'm pretty nervous about it, though Whiskers is looking lively (relatively speaking) right now. There's a shallow tray serving as her kitchen area, maybe an inch and a half high, and I thought I'd have to cut it down on one side so she could get in and out. As soon as she saw the hay she trotted over and hopped right in, big belly and all. She's at least twice as loud as the boys about demanding food.

Ledasmom

Post   » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:24 pm

Whiskers just had two babies. Her first is a skinny and her second is mostly red with a little white patch near the rump. We don't know if that's all, but she looks considerably deflated. They all look all right for now - both the little ones are up and, well, staggering, and after a period of total befuddlement Whiskers is licking them off.

micmik326

Post   » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:28 pm

Yikes, more babies...babies are everywhere. Can't wait to see pictures. Hope everyone continues to do well!

Ledasmom

Post   » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:34 pm

I've just been talking to mmeadow, and she says that both Baby (the mother) and Milky (the baby) are doing better; to quote her, they're "optimistic rather than guardedly optimistic".

Ledasmom

Post   » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:04 pm

This is my first attempt at posting a picture. This should be a picture of the new babies - apologies for the view through the grids; we'll be taking everyone out tomorrow to change the fleece, and should be able to get better pictures then.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 pm

We are back--mom and baby are now thriving! Pictures to come.

mmercedesmom
Supporter in '09

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:33 am

mmeadow and ledasmom,

How wonderful to hear these sweet babies and moms are doing well!!!! Can't wait for more pics!!!

Ledasmom

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:20 am

Mmeadow, when would you like Whiskers back? I think she'd be glad of some adult guinea-pig company. She and the babies continue to do well, though it's difficult to pick up the babies (much too fast). They are nursing and eating everything we give them and growing. There's some (not great) pictures of them over in Cavy Chat.